RKT Cam Trouble

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by snorton330, Nov 1, 2013.

1. snorton330

snorton330 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey there folks. Have a question/situation that seriously concerns me. I shoot a Hoyt Spyder 30, #2 cam. I was prepping my gear tonight for the hunt in the morning. I shot a good while this afternoon readjusting my sights and making tweaks. I was getting ready to put my bow up and heard a rattle in the bottom cam. I started looking around for the noise and found an allen screw that attaches the secondary part of the cam to the bow loose and shaking. I tightened it as well as I could, didn't have an allen to fit it properly.

This concerns me a great deal as to that coming loose and all sorts of chaos occuring and physical injury and what not. Am I freaking out for no reason, should this concern me as much as it is?

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Put a little lock tight on it...

3. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nope not at all. Its just the bottom draw length module screw. Tighten it down with a drop of blue threadlock when you are able to and it wont come loose again. Repeated vibrations loosen hardware over a long term period, nothing to be worried about. Just find the right allen wrench and tighten it down the right way.

4. snorton330

snorton330 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. Not as familiar with working on a bow as I would like so it made my hair stand up a little, having heard the horror stories of bows "blowing" up on people. Another, very covetous part of me was some what hoping it would be a problem so I could get a new Mathews, ha.

5. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had an old Browning Ballistic that had the same problem, on top of my arm shaking for half san hour after you shoot it. Tighten it down whenever it gets loose and you'll be fine.