Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Research Project

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by jprins04996, Dec 30, 2016.

1. jprins04996

jprins04996 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Everyone,

I am currently getting my masters in marketing analytics and I am conducting a research project for my degree. It would be greatly appreciated if you would complete this short survey.

Please click the link below to complete the survey:
    Outdoor OTA
    Thanks,
    Jake

2. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You should indicate ethics clearance from the institution that you are attending should respondents wish to contact your supervisor. If you ever with to publish any result including the name of the institution that you are attending, you must have ethics clearance.
    T

3. jprins04996

jprins04996 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    To my knowledge no ethical clearance is necessary for this type of research. No information is being published and all responses are anonymous. I attended Lewis University out in Romeoville, IL.

4. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. jprins04996

jprins04996 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for your concern on my research. However, if you look at page 7 of the IRB document you will see the examples of work not requiring IRB approval;

"Class projects with human participants are often designed for teaching students about research methodology, not for the purpose of contributing to generalizable knowledge or for presentation outside of the classroom environment. Teaching students how to conduct ethical research is an important part of many graduate and undergraduate programs. In these cases, IRB review is not needed unless the studies investigate opinions, behaviors,and/or experiences regarding sensitive topics or with vulnerable groups such as, but not limited to,children, alcoholics, pregnant women, or prisoners; the project links the participant’s name to the data in any way; or the project will be externally published or presented in a public forum."

Since none of the above will be taking place we should be good, Thanks!

6. jprins04996

jprins04996 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    tkarrow,

I just reread my last post, and I just want to make sure it wasn't misinterpreted. I was not upset or anything, I was just trying to communicate that the research is ok. Really, thanks for looking out for me.

Thanks,
    Jake

7. jprins04996

jprins04996 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the help. I have received enough responses and the survey is now closed.