Requesting info about what do you expect from a hunting expedition service

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Rodolfo Lazo, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Rodolfo Lazo

Rodolfo Lazo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Guys.

My project is to stablish soon a feral boar hunting expeditions business, we have already selected 3 different tours, all of them to very inhabited lands, one of them private and will have the exclusive right to bow hunt there. probably in some places in that area you could be the first hunters ever!

Even we are not daring to shoot there to keep and save huge hogs for future customers.

As we have to take many decisions about service and expedition details, would like if you can feed back with the services, details and things you would expect for a tour like these.

Our base will be in Puerto Varas city, Chile, the so called "Door to Patagonia". From there we will provide 3 different tours.
    1.- From Puerto Varas 45-60 minutes by car alongside Llanquihue lake crossing between Osorno and Calbuco Volcanos. Then move by boat over a lake 45 to 80 minuters to different spots previously monitored by us to ensure boar population.

2.- From Puerto Varas 50 to 60 minutes by car, until a River were we will go up stream to a place with rain forest and plains completely visited by big feral hogs.

These 2 first options can be provided with camping near the hunting area ( fair away enought ) or moving back to some local and simple cabins to spend the night. One or another option may impact in final price, of course.

3.-The last trip is quite radical, we´ll move by car 60 minutes and then will do a horse ride of 6 hours until a big private farm were we are getting the exclusive rights for bow hunting there.

We think the 1 and 2 trips will be offered on a 3 to 4 day format. The 3rd. only in 4 to 6 days format. That way you can combine 2 or three tours if you want. All of them in the middle of very tight rain forest and clean spots, in a wild area similar as the one you´ll find up there in the lakes zone.

In fact we will move by roads, forest, rivers and lakes in the search of the biggest wild hogs around.
    Once we got the traces, the end of the story is on you!!.

Usually people rent bow huntig equipment? I guess not, if so, what kind? bow, arrows and broadheads or also stands and other accesory material??

Do you think there should be enought interest to come down here and do some hunting, specially when the season in US is off?? i hope so.

Please let´s talk about this so we can get as much info or interest from you as possible to build up the quality service we want to offer.

Thanks in advance.

Rodolfo.

2. PY Slaughterhouse

PY Slaughterhouse Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello Rodolfo..

Are there other animals you may hunt? To travel to Chile for only a boar is not that enticing for most North American hunters. In my state and many others, Wild pig season is year round. We have too many pigs here and that’s not just in our government. So if you could provide deer or something else , I think you would get a better response.

3. Rodolfo Lazo

Rodolfo Lazo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi PY. Sadly in Chile the endemic deers are the Pudú, that its quite similar to a baby bambi, even the adult size is no more than 25 -30 inches, and was almost extint because too much hunting in the past and many people at the country around native forest grew dogs that attacks them. It is a protected specie. The other one is bigger, as yours elks and it is called Huemul, even is in our national patriot shield
    Does not have horns but is a very powerful and overwhelming animal. It is barely seen nowadays because was hunted a lot before. Even today probably in the far away areas where they live are still being hunted because there is no way to control those places.
    The idea of bow hunting here in patagonia also is ntended to share the whole experience of the trip. I do hunted with guns before, but since meet trad archery i moved completely, and also still do flyfishing. I know that is difficult to ensure a customer that WILL hunt or fish X ammount of games for sure. So the idea is to bring the chance to reach places where there chances of track and get a boar are tested. places were few people goes around, because the only way to go is travelling a lake or a river. The idea, beyond the hunt it self is the experience of a Trip. For sure i know in US you have a lot of areas infested of boars of all sizes and even in Texas is like a local sport to hit them all year round, In some other places there are species of a very large size, etc. This could be just one more option to travel with the excuse of a good hunting. Near Puerto varas I recently knew of a private hunting range that you have to reach by helicopter or 2 days of horse riding, but the owner ask U$15.00 for each game, since are special kinds of hogs imported from europe and other places...i was asking info just in case, but at those prices...no way. The idea is propoused, Just in case anybody got interested, Thanks for your thought on this, very acurate and honest.