requesting help or opinions

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by boricuacazador, Sep 16, 2018.

1. boricuacazador

boricuacazador Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I when to my pro shop and shot my Halon 32-6(DL 29.5, DW 65, arrow Red Maxima 250 weight 369,weight on the strings appx 25 gr) to the Chronograph. The Chronograph read 305 for my arrows. But I used the Arrow speed Calculator-Omni and the calculation there was 317 for the arrow speed. Should I trust the Chronograph or the Speed Calculator? I want to used the UNO application to set up my HHA king pin sight. What speed should I trust? Thank you in advance.

2. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You're trying to calculate speed for the sight tape?

boricuacazador likes this.
  3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, personally...unless the chronograph you used looked like a piece of crap, I'd have to go with the hard numbers from it over a speed calculator. There's a way to double check it though, set it up based off the chrono and shoot it extensively...if your shots are off at the various ranges then try setting it off the calculator.

copperhead and boricuacazador like this.
  4. boricuacazador

boricuacazador Newb

Dislikes Received:
  5. boricuacazador

boricuacazador Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you, The Chronograph looked ok
    The problem is that the shop is far from me. And when I get there is always pack.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

6. boricuacazador

boricuacazador Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes Im. Any suggestion?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How far can you shoot in your area? If up to 40 it really easy to follow the HHA instructions and get the right tape. What I do is take a setup tape and mark off 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 with a pencil. Then subtract the 20 yard tape measurement from the 60 yard one. The reason I do all five is it make sure Im somewhat close when setting the 60 so I'm not sending arrows into the dirt. Really no other reason.

Software can only account for known variables. The Chrono will give you whats really going on so like Covey said unless its junk atet should be closer to the source of truth.

8. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the HHA sights. I have sighted in a single pin Spot Hogg though. My instructions said to sight in at 20 yards and then 60 yards and line up the calculation tape to tell me what sight tape to use.

I shot at 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards. Made a pencil line at each increment and then lined up the calculation tape to determine the right one. Worked well for me. I shot at the 10 yard increments just to get a better feel and hopefully not "misplace" any arrows. There are a lot of HHA shooters on this site though who can probably help you out though. Good luck!

9. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have that HHA and set it up using the 20/40 yard method once I was good with the new bow and site I went out to 50 and 60 yds and was spot on