Reporting Someone To DNR

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Ztachick, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Ztachick

Ztachick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well on the public I have been hunting I have found two trees so far that have been cut every limb which is obviously for a climber . It is for this one hunter I have only seen once this season.

The second tree I found is in the area that I want to hunt. I have some cameras out right now for the week and was going to check them tomorrow. If i catch someone sitting in the tree that is cut up should report them to the dnr? Because what if it isnt the right person and they are just using the tree? Because i have used a tree this year that was cut last year from someone.

this land there isnt alot of trees to begin with for hunting and it sucks that someone has to go and Cut a tree up and make it look like a post on public land.

2. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If its not illegal to cut branches off of a tree on public land in your state then the DNR probably wont be of much help. It can be frustrating hunting public land I've been there too. Odds are if he turned a tree into a post he will stick out like a sore thumb and the already cautious deer on public land will bust him right away.

3. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I basically only hunt PL and to be honest with you if it were me I wouldn't call DNR... I've seen treestands hung in areas and never called... IMHO no harm no foul...... Now if it's illegal kills, carcasses of dead deer, geese etc... I'd call but not this situation... But that's just me... And my opinion

4. Ztachick

Ztachick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright gotcha. It is illegal here to cut a tree up though in WI.

5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You have said you hunt from a tree that some one else cut the branches, how would you feel if some one called the DNR on you? You will never know who did it unless you see them do it. If it was me I would let them be and move on to another area.

6. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That may be true about damaging trees in your state....But IMHO I can't be the police to everything I see that may not be legal...sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war..... Meaning let things go....Again just my opinion

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  7. Ztachick

Ztachick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah you guys are 100% right.

thanks for the help

8. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would hope the DNR has bigger fish to fry than hammering a guy that trimmed some tree limbs. I would call in if it were a game violation or a serious illegal activity. I wouldn't sweat the small stuff.