Redneck Soft Side Blind

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by copperhead, Sep 6, 2016.

1. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So after hunting with an outfitter last year I started to appreciate the use of a box blind. After looking at the prices of several blinds I decided they may be little out of the price range I could reasonably spend with 3 kids in college. Then this year the Soft Side Blind shows up and fits into my budget so I ordered one.

The blind itself came in a single box that weighs just shy of 100 lbs. The 6ft platform that it can be installed on came in 3 boxes in varying weights but small enough for one reasonably strong person to deal with. I also opted for the rubber pad that goes into the bottom of the platform to reduce noise.

So this past weekend I loaded up the truck with the 5 boxes and headed to the property I have permission to hunt in Chatham county. Once there I unload the boxes in a corner of a small food plot that I just put in a couple weeks ago.

First I unboxed everything and found the instructions. Yes it is a good idea to read this first. The assembly of the platform is pretty easy. Two ratchets with 9/16 sockets was used for the majority of the build. Now that I have assembled one the next time should be faster. The platform comes with (2) leg anchoring stakes and the blind also comes with (2) of them. Also there is a ground auger style anchor included with the platform.

Below is a picture of the platform.

[​IMG]

Next putting the legs on the platform.

[​IMG]

Platform stood up and in place.

[​IMG]

Platform with ladder and hand rail.

[​IMG]

Finished product!!

[​IMG]

The whole project took me 6+ hours to fully setup by myself. Nothing was really difficult and I took my time but with help you could easily cut that in half. All the nuts and bolts in the two were the same size reducing the need to switch tools. Once setup the platform was extremely stable and very roomy. I am 5'5" and could easily lay on the floor and not touch a side. The corners have long windows in them which is ideal for bowhunters.

All in all I am quite satisfies with the product. My only concern is how well the soft shell stands up to the elements but time will tell.

2. jeepr07

jeepr07 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nice!

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome setup! Keep us posted on how it does in cold weather.