Red Glow vs No Glow?

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Tyler Anderson, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Tyler Anderson

Tyler Anderson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    First time posting but I'm hoping for some opinions. I have several Tactacam Reveal cellular cameras with the IR flash and they work well. I'm wondering what anyone's opinion is on updating to the Reveal X Pro with the No Glow technology. I currently place my cameras 6ft high and always on a wide profile tree and the deer still seem to look at them. Do the deer spook more with the IR vs No Glow and is it worth updating good working cameras for a few new cameras with the No Glow? I appreciate everybody's feedback.

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As someone who has ran camera for 30+ years, I think deer react to them depending on how they are used. If you are running them in in the video mode causing the flash to remain on for 10-30 seconds, then yes, they will react in a more negative way. If, however, you are running them in the photo mode, then I think your chance for reaction is much less. Coyotes and other predators are the exception to this. They seem to react to any sort of flash. They just won't tolerate it. If you've ever noticed, deer react to your cameras even during the day when no flash is involved. I think they are just curious about that thing hanging on the side of the tree. If you are leaving any sort of bait out for them during the off-season, they will soon ignore anything about the cameras and concentrate on the food. At least that has been my experiences. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk