RED BULL

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by oldnotdead, Aug 13, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have never tried it but I know it's popular with guys. Well here is a real life warning.
    Son is 33 and his one friend is as well. Said friend with no family history had a heart attack. A big time red bull drinker. The Dr's all told him that was the cause!
    I did a lot of dumb things when young that could have killed me, heck I do A LOT of things at 61 that could kill me...certainly a drink isn't one of the things on the list nor worth the stupidity.

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Only times I have drank redbull was doing jaeger bombs(red bull and jagermeister). I've never seen the point in energy drinks, it's not energy it is stimulants.

Same thing as taking mini thins/No Doz in highschool which was considered contraband, but now energy drinks target kids. Think here they have an 18 age limit on them now.

Hell, I can't even drink coffee on a daily basis. I drink it during deer season and during the winter on work days. And even then it is never more than one 20oz cup.

3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As my Doctor said when I asked about Red Bull, "It's an energy drink for people who cannot afford cocaine."

I drank one once when it was first introduced to the US market back in 2000. It was 9pm when I drank it, I finally got to bed around 8am the next morning. Not a fan.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Only thing I have ever drank remotely close was Jolt soda back in the 80's.

All the sugar, twice the caffeine and that was directly targeted to kids.

cantexian, wl704 and Okiebob like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is poisen.

6. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No doubt the stuff isn't good for you but I would have to think there had to be more than just the Red Bull. And I mean body chemistry and or diagnosed something. They wouldn't sell billions of cans a year if this was a common occurrence. People across the world every day out of the blue find out they all of a sudden have chemical reactions to things they used to eat/drink all the time. Both of my daughters had issues with different food coloring dyes for about 3 or 4 years and now it's tapered off the dyes don't affect them as bad as they used to. Seasonal allergies don't bother me nearly as bad as they used to when I was a kid and I'm allergic to everything but food and medicine.

The body changes over time and is more or less tolerant of things we consume all the time.

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Using something that constantly stimulates adrenalin is not good for your body. Mini fight or flight situations caused by a $4 can of crap surely isnt good for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Anything that you ingest that raises a persons heart rate can not be good, add obesity and even pre diabetes it is like running a car with 175,000 miles at 6000 rpm something is going to break.