Reconyx pics of a young guy that is showing some serious potential and bear cubs

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Buck Magnet, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I checked both my Reconyx RC60 and Covert Black 60 on Monday and to say that it was a disappointing check would be an understatement.

The Reconyx seemed to be working "good", it took 880 photo's in 16 days, but after looking at the pics, I realized that nearly half were blank (never happens) and the daytime pictures were very blurry. The night pictures were fine, and luckily I was able to capture some really cool pics.

This buck is a new deer and boy does he look great. His body is very small and slender but his antlers are pretty darn good compared to body size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did manage to get a couple other pics of the family of bears in the area....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I figured that the Reconyx was going to start acting up on me as I had a Energizer mess up and pour battery acid into the unit. I am going to take it down tomorrow and let it air out for a few days.... if it doesn't fix the problem I will send Reconyx an e-mail and have it fixed.

I pulled the Covert as well and had 1,338 pictures.... but pretty much all were blank pictures. The camera started snapping photos a few minutes after my previous check and constantly snapped photos until the memory card was full. I have no idea what happened there as the camera is less than a month old, I am hoping that I just messed up a setting as I was hurried while swapping cards on the previous check (just ran three cubs up a tree and didn't know where momma bear was). I will be checking it tomorrow as well and making sure everything is working properly.

2. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    the buck looks like he could have drop tine pop up in the next year or two on his left side.

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had similiar issues with my mp6. I lowered the sensitivity and made sure I didnt put it facing any swaying brush and the problem was solved.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s4