RE: Big Game Skybox Ladder Stand 20'

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Copehunt, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody have one of these? Got any input for me? They run around 190 at the big box stores, but it looks like you can find them on-line for a little less. I'm picking one up tonight brand new, still in the box for 75 bucks. Seems like a pretty sweet deal. I'm kind of pumped about setting up another location on the property I hunt and having a change of scenery once in a while. Looks a little more crowded than my current stand, but nothing I can't make work.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 21' man and a half stand that has never made it up to 21 feet. It would probably take 3 guys to get that stand hung. Usually, I'm working by myself. Got it up w. one section of the ladder out, so 16 ft.

3. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've got the Skybox Deluxe, I think it's the same stand you're talking about. I like mine but I had to make some modifications to it to keep it quiet. First of all it's important to use something on all the slip-joints or it will make noise when you're in it. I went to the local farm store and bought a can of auto undercoating and sprayed it on all the slip-joints of the ladder. Then I went to Lowes and bought nylon washers and put them on all the bolts in the platform section. I would also take the shooting rail off, it can be a source of problems. I took electrical tape and taped up all the pins that hold the ladder together so they wouldn't rattle. All in all it's a solid stand and very comfortable.

Blessings.......Pastorjim

4. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes Sir its the Deluxe. Good to stuff to know, thank you!

5. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's good info pastorjim! Thanks. I never thought about putting black tape on the pins. I always just cursed them under my breath every time they jangled LOL