Ray Rice is gone!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by patinthehat, Sep 8, 2014.

1. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I get the feeling Ozzie is trying to "protect" Ray Rice.... I also don't understand why everyone wants Roger Goodell's head or something Ray Rice did??? Who's to blame here??? Did Roger punch the woman or did Ray punch her??? Maybe they withheld the video because it was seen as a protective thing for Janay??? Not to show her being somewhat of an aggressor, and not to show her taking a full-on blow that knocked her out??? Not really sure why Roger Goodell is the fall guy here??? In reality, this is the kind of stuff that Obama and Al and Jesse and the NAACP should be getting concerned about.... The high incidence of young black men with large amounts of money who are criminals!!! Notice none of the names mentioned in the "All Convict" team are white??? Not saying white guys don't do bad things, but these are HIGH PROFILE black professional athletes that are not casting an overly good impression for the public eye!!!! Terrell Suggs really is probably worse than Ray Rice, but he still has a job, more than likely because there is no video evidence to prove how violent he was!!! "Seeing is believing," is a statement that really holds true....

All of that being said, it's unfortunate that we don't get to hear the GOOD stories about the GOOD guys nearly as often as the BAD stories about the BAD guys, because I'm sure they greatly outnumber the BAD guys, but reporting GOOD NEWS doesn't trend nearly as well as reporting BAD NEWS!!!

2. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Where does the Suggs part play into all of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

have you seen the latest now? theres a yahoo post up about the DL for the Panthers "Hardy" who supposedly has issues of his own when it comes to domestic violence, as well as the dude from the 49ers McDonald...hmm, wonder what or if any punishment will be cast upon them seeing Rice is now gone?

All joking aside, my heart goes out to Ray Rice and Janay Rice as well, in a moment of heat and anger and possible drunkenness he made a decision that will cost him for his entire life, even if he never hits a football field again, that will always be what he is remembered for in the public eye....goes to show the choices we make have a baring for a lifetime, wheather good decisions or bad ones..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  4. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    She bum rushed him;)

5. OHbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    Suggs has a couple of domestic violence charges in the last 5 yrs. as well... Was required to give up all of his guns, etc....

6. Djfan

Djfan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    People want Goodell's head because he is a putz. The NFL is becoming the pit of stupidness. To out law hits, fine players with gross inconsistency, to make rules that make huge penalties for legit plays, to change the long standing traditional conference trophies, to keep tweeking the rules to make old-neck-repaired QB's win SBs, games in Europe . . . . .

The PC crowd wants him gone because it empowers them to make many heads roll when their sacred cows get bumped. Had it been an evangelist in that elevator who got hit for asking if RR found God, they would be saying that it's the religious guy's fault. It's all a witch hunt to make our (insert interest here) cause more powerful.

Seems easy to me.

7. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I guarantee law enforcement and the NFL saw the in elevator video a while ago. The NFL only claimed to have just viewed it when it hit the internet and they couldn't deny it anymore. If they were going to file charges against him, it should have already been done. A district attorney has the choice to file charges regardless of whether the victim wants to or not. Although with the victim now being his wife, she probably won't cooperate much with the investigation so it might not be worth it for the DA to prosecute. the statute of limitations on the crime is not nearly gone so if they wanted to, they could still file charges against him. The NFL is just as crooked as some of these players are thugs. They are reluctant to do anything against these guys because they make them too much money.

8. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This case already went before a judge and the judge dismissed it. They can't charge him again for the same thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

9. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They can if there is new evidence. I'm not sure if the video would qualify or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    1) wouldn't double jeopardy prevent this? 2) i dont think the video is new evidence. they had it before. the public just didnt know they did.

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If the charge is nolle prossed they can bring it back.

If the charged is dismissed, they cannot.

I believe he was handled under first time offender laws which means the case is NOT going to be redone. It is done if he stays out of trouble until next May.

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The ex-Ravens running back was charged with aggravated assault in March, but was [/FONT]granted a 12-month pretrial intervention[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular] in May as part of a deal with Atlantic County, New Jersey, prosecutors. As long as he stays out of trouble and meets with a probation officer, his record will be cleared.[/FONT]

12. OHbowhntr

Dislikes Received: