Randolph County Missouri

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by OHbowhunter, Jun 23, 2014.

1. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone here hunt this county? How are the Bucks in this area?
    My family just bought some land a little bit North West of Moberly and I'll be hunting there this fall.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

2. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Family has ground just north of Macon, not a lot of deer but some big ones role thru during the rut

3. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear there may be some quality there! I'll be there the first week of November so hopefully I can cross paths of a cruising one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

4. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    Look into the cwd info for that area and how close your farm is to ground zero.

5. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That county is in the CWD containment zone but would still be a ways from "ground zero" . Lots of EHD and Blue Tongue around the last 3 years so it would be hard to know what might be there without going for a look see .

I used to do a little hunting around Keytesville and there was always plenty of deer with the potential of some huge bucks . Haven't been to that property in a while , prefer to stay closer to home in the Brookfield/Chillicothe area .

6. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    The new place is just outside Kirksville area he just told me the are seeing 24-30 deer a set.you might get lucky. Hope for some food plots and and that it don't face the road.
    season opens sept 15 here ,gets tuff hunting fast

7. moksoutdoors

moksoutdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Even with EHD there are a lot of deer in this part of MO. Unfortunately EHD affects older (and larger) deer more readily than younger deer so a lot of bucks have been killed off. It helps if there is a fresh source of running water in your hunting area as the gnat that spreads the disease lives in stagnant, muddy bottomed pools of water. My family owns land just east of Atlanta MO and we have definitely seen the deer population affected by EHD. Pray there isn't drought this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Our place is in the area of the red dot I put on the map.. Hopefully its not to badly affected. The open areas of our place is currently planted with beans and we will be out there next week putting in a couple small food plots and hanging stands. I have not personally walked the property yet but was told there is a water source running through. Its also within about a mile of Thomas Hill Reservoir.

Thanks for the info!

cwd_overview_2010_2014wint_samples.jpg