Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Rage broadheads??

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by nybowhunter17, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Rc187

Rc187 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought rage two blades recently after reading and listening to reviews for a while I have shot many different broad heads Muzzy's, Blood Runners, and many more and I have to say out of the box they fly great field point accuracy they don't open in flight like many I have shot and leave a great blood trail I was skeptical because of some of the reviews I read and saw but I'm sold they are great I won't be shooting anything else.

2. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just killed #25 and 26 IN A ROW since switching to Rage without losing one deer! Y'all keep debating the issue. I'm gonna keep killin stuff! You can see some of the pics in the Bowhunting talk forum under "Bucked out in Illinois".

3. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know this thread is supposed to be about rage bh but considering its turned into what every one uses I'll tell my story.

I decided to start hunting again after 4 yrs of not stepping foot in the woods. I used to live in Mo and rifle hunted every yr. I now live in Iowa and can't hunt with a rifle and really don't like shotgun so I picked up a bow for the first time.

Got my bow a week before season started, so I figured I would just practice and work on learning and start hunting next year. But the more I practice the more I wanted to hunt.

So one day I decide to go get my tags and some broad heads for my arrows. This was all before I joined this site and I didn't really do much research. I was also on a budget considering I already dropped a lot of money on the bow and arrows and other misc items.

So I'm at a farm and home store looking over the bh an a couple of guys are there talking about what they shoot, one guy rages, the other nap thunderheads. The guy with the thunderhead had killed a deer that morning which made me think well it worked for him, and not to mention so much cheaper for 6 bh. So I went with them.

Ok so on to my hunts, I went a grand total of 3 times, seen 9 deer over that span, had 3 in close enough for a shot, but I was hunting from the ground and had no way to get a draw on 2 of them. The 3rd was a buck that I called in and he came head on at me. I was drawn back for a good 3-4 mins and he would not turn, so I let my arrow fly for a head on shot (and I have already been scolded on doing so, and understand now that it's not a good shot to take) had a nice hit just a little right of center chest, the arrow passed thru and came out half way down the left side of the deer , clipping lung, destroying the heart, and catching backside of second lung.

3 ft wide blood trail for about 50 yds where deer was dead. So take from that what you will, novice bow hunter with the cheapest broadheads that was available, with decent shot placement, 1 1/2 inch entrance and exit wounds. Oh and I'm only shooting 56-58 lbs.

I say any decent bh with the right shot placement is all that matters. Sorry for the book but I just thought the back story led more to the bh debate.

4. Sconnors126

Sconnors126 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Success

Got my first buck out of a blind Saturday with Rage up in New York.. I will admit it was a horrible shot, but the rage caught an artery and he went down bout 60 yards from where i shot em.

5. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    no matter where you go yoou will get mixed reviews on broadheads

6. orkan

orkan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can you show me a mixed review on a Slick Trick standard?

7. Sconnors126

Sconnors126 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thats when you buy Innerloc Carbon Tuners :tu: