Rage 2-Blade 100-gr Expandable Broadhead

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by wilkescountycc, Jul 28, 2012.

1. wilkescountycc

wilkescountycc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ok guys whats the good and bad bout these broadhead ive always use muzzys but...... i have been hearing good things about these

2. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would suggest using the search feature on the website. I believe its in the upper right hand corner and it will provide you with many conversations that have been on this topic from the past. Read through them and decide on your own.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

3. Youngwet22

Youngwet22 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    bro stick with muzzys

4. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    rage lost me a deer i dont trust them

5. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    This advice is about as good as you can get when it comes to Rage. I'd suggest that you take it.

6. scottygrape

scottygrape Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    dude if you want a 2 blade expandable i would go with the new NAP killzones. there sweet and wont open up or anything on you

7. wilkescountycc

wilkescountycc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ok thanks guys but i believe im going to stick with the muzzys thanks for all the input

8. Kleetus31

Kleetus31 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with the above posters on this, search is your friend. With that being said...I used a Rage 2 blade this past season to kill my first buck with a bow. Shot was a high quartering away. Didn't get pass through but did make it to the bottom of the chest cavity. Deflated both lungs and the deer dropped with 30 yards of the shot. Didn't get a single drop of blood, though, since the arrow entered behind the last rib near the top of his back. The entrance wound was wider than my fist. My father has been shooting these for years and has never lost a deer with them. He even took a buck that he shot full frontal and the arrow passed through the vitals and stopped in the thigh. I believe most problems with these broadheads are not enough KE, poor shot placement, and poor arrow flight. If you don't feel comfortable shooting them, don't. If you don't have confidence in you equipment, you won't have confidence in the shot, and that could lead to a wounded and unrecoverable animal. If muzzy's work for you and you like them I'd say stick with them. If it isn't broke, why fix it?

9. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot 2 deer with rage. The first looked like all the pictures you see..big hole & lots of blood. The second was a good shot on a mature buck, hit a rib going in. The head looked like a wrinked can with broken blades. I went to Hellrazors and TruFire T-1. Just me own real world experience. Some people have shot dozens of animals with them with great success. Not me.