** Rack Attack Team 21 Thread **

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Forkie McRut, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Also I wanted to add that I'm gonna move my stand to the other side of the grassy opening. I should've noticed this at first but wasn't thinking. The winds by me are usually north northwest. My stand is on the west side. So if a deer is walking through that opening it has the whole way across the field to pick up my scent. It sounds stupid but it was a mistake which I plan to remedy. I'll let you guys know what happens.

2. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    well i have some bad news for you guys....i went out and sat this morning around 720ish a big buck came from behind and headed towards my mock scrape i was i pulled back and ready for the shot he turned brodside and i release the arrow and my arrow ended up hitting a little limb and drew my arrow way right and straight down ahhh so pissed oh well...i thought i would get another shot because i use a tracer nock and it kept blinking and that buck saw it and i think was really curious and it was coming closer but decided to turn away....i would have said this buck would have scored probably 150ish or more well i hope you guys have better luck than me this weekend!

3. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck maryland bowhunter!

Haven't been on in a while but have been hunting 4 out of 5 days of the week.

Last night my bro jumped a big 8 with junk across the road. I heard some grunts and wheezes, tried rattling and grunting series with no luck but a 40'' nut eater came in and tempted me with a shot but I held off hoping for a deer to walk by. All of our stands have been moved to rub lines, scrapes and new trails. Hoping to get out tonight after a trap shoot. Maybe not though. Definatly hitting stand thats on the a trail to a just-cut corn field.

Still taking that 4 day trip to SE OH public land for youth season. I made the choice to go bow only and my buddy will be carrying his slug gun and camera so we will probably get a deer on film with either gun or bow. Hopefully a bow.

4. MarylandBowHunter

MarylandBowHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys and keep at it. I still plan on adding a doe to the totals.

5. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    i will be heading out tommorow moring i will let you know whats going on afterwards

6. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Went out yesterday. First snowfall of the year for Wisco. I was actually really excited til I was in the stand and got all wet and cold. I should've known the deer weren't going to be moving. lol, Might go out saturday and that might be my last hunt til after gun season. And idk if I'm gonna be out late season. Depends on the weather and how much time I have.

7. Forkie McRut

Forkie McRut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm off tomorrow for Veteran's Day. Will be an all-day sit.

8. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Forkie! I will be sitting all day as well. We need to help add to the MD totals.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. LilSiman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    I got a new set of speed-demons and thunder-heads. There destin to have some 140'' DNA on them by the end of the night. I'll be getting out around 3 right when I get home from school till dark. I'll be 20 yards into the woods off of a just cut corn field with some #69 in front of me. Hopefully lure this guy in for a shot.

10. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Tomorrow may be my last sit til after gun season and muzzleloading season. And weather permitting idk how much i'll be out late season but i'm gonna give it my best.

11. LilSiman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Our gun season dosnt start till nest week, and thats youth season.

12. frosty452

frosty452 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well guys after a couple weeks i finally got him scored 82 1/4
    left....right
    14......15 1/2
    2 1/2....3
    4 1/2....5 3/4
    2 1/4.....4

4 1/4.....3 3/4
    2 1/2......2 1/2
    2 1/4......2 1/2

spread 12 1/4

13. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    well all i saw this weekend were small does and a spiked buck ....saturday will be the start of our 9 day gun season so there will be no points for me....i know i have been seeing some nice bucks on trail camera and my dad has been seeing this one and there are tons of signs of big buck in the area so i hope i get a a chance with the gun....and once again good luck to you guys

14. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Great news guys. Shot my 8 pointer tonite. He's not a monster but definitely a great hunt and some meat in the freezer. I'll get back to you guys bout pictures when I figure out how to do it and the story.

:rock:

15. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, looking forward to the pics and story!

16. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    101_0229.jpg 101_0224.jpg 101_0235.jpg

Ok guys, here's a few of my Pics. Don't worry I have more of me with my bow. I'm going to have to learn how to score but judging by others i've seen i'm hoping he'll be into between 70 and 80.

:rock:

17. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  18. Forkie McRut

Forkie McRut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations on the 8pt Marauder. Didn't see a single deer Friday, but the wind was blowing something fierce. Next chance for a sit will be on Friday.

19. MarylandBowHunter

MarylandBowHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Maurader!!!! Nice buck, Way to go!!!!

Lets go guys, lets keep it up.

20. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Guys. Here's my story, It's a long one. The title is Perseverence.

Lately I've been down and negative bout my hunting. Either the deer winding me, or the wolves howling, or the damn bird hunters been being a pain. Problem after problem. Also I haven't had a shot at any deer this season. I decided to change my stand to a new tree. I chose the location based on wind and not on a tree which is a lil different for me. I chose an oak tree with zero branches which is very unlike me. I was only 15 ft. up with minimal cover which made me very uneasy but I decided to go with it since it was on a scrape runway. First time this year I've hunted without bait. So I sat 3 times on this stand with zero deer action. This made me wanna end my season.

However yesterday the gf said I should give it one more try and go hunting. During the day at work I thought about it and made the decision to give it one more last go. I hurried out to my spot in New Wood Public Hunting Grounds. I take my time getting ready focusing the whole time about doing things right and being quiet.

I sneak into the woods and in the stand as quiet as possible. The wind was random from the north northwest which really favored me since that's the way I walked in. I get the bow ready and sense something is gonna happen tonite. A half hr later I hear something in the grassy opening to the northwest.

I slowly get ready and stand up as quiet as possible. Next thing I know there is a deer 40 yrds from me. The first thing I notice is the size of the body. I didn't see the horns til he walked down the runway I guessed they move on. I got super pumped by now. He had his noise down and was on a mission for a doe. Suddenly he walked down the runway I walked in away from me. I thought CRAP!!! All I could think was I'm not gonna get a shot at this buck. The only thought now was to call him back and not panic. I slowly pulled out the grunt. It was on the doe bleat setting luckily. I gave it one slow normal sounding bleat and put it back in my jacket.

Instantly he stopped out of the distance and turns around. I then thought, that did not just work!!! Oh my God! He started back towards my tree. I then see him behind a few brushy trees and this is when I drew my bow. He stepped out from behind them into the opening with a 10 yrd clear shot from my tree broadside. I was so nervous having a deer this close! I forgot to fake bleat cuz of the buck fever and pulled the trigger. He stepped forward and I hit him a lil back than I liked.

I saw the arrow stick and he turned. He ran back to the grassy opening bout 20 yrds and slowed to a stop. He then looked dizzy and layed down right in front of me. I thought with that poor shot he's gonna die? He tried to get up once and couldn't and that's when I knew he was mine. I wait a half hr, get down from my tree and the rest is history.