** Rack Attack Team 21 Thread **

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Forkie McRut, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Forkie McRut

Forkie McRut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good news: the surrounding farmers are FINALLY starting to cut their corn. Pushing the deer onto my farm as we still have standing crops. I dropped the hammer on the largest doe I ever saw in person and one of her two fawns. Nice double to start the season.

Bad news: they were with the muzzleloader so they don't count for the contest.

Taking off Friday and will have bow in hand to try and help the team now that there's meat in the freezer

2. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    well congrats on the doe....im heading out to the woods tommorow moring for sure

3. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going hunting this weekend! Who's with me? :rock:

4. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Me! this sunday around my property and a 4 day weekend during youth season i'm going to SE OH public land to shoot a monster! A huge buck my buddies been filming lately and I will probably get a chance at a 140'' buck that I will not pass up! Goodluck to everyone this weekend!

5. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Go get that Bruiser! Shoot Straight and Be Safe!

6. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    i was out this morning and evening i didnt see anything but my friend was out this morning as well and he said he saw an 8 or 10 pt chasing a doe.....on my way home this morning around 10 30 i saw like a little 7 pt head down and trotting and looking for a doe

7. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    alright I saw a 8 point chasing a doe on my way out with no shot. Then saw abunch of does in a bedding area but no shot. Goin out tomorrow.

8. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing for me here in MD. 3 of us went out and only saw a spike making a rub and later on, one of our shooter 8 pts chasing a doe through the corn (which is still standing to the disgust of us). They're just living,sleeping and eating in there. It's supposed to be down by Wednesday just in time.

My apologies for not taking acceptable pictures of my doe 2 weeks ago. I'll make it up I promise.

Impending snow tomorrow morning should have some effects on tomorrows hunt but if I get out, I'll update. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    went out this morning i had a 7 pt come in behind me not cool and he got so far and he smelt me i think and trotted away. check trail cams aftewards and there was a doe in that area around the same time

10. MarylandBowHunter

MarylandBowHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got some points for us. Got tired of seeing Doe so I figured I would take the 1st buck that gets within range. Got us 88 more points, and now I can focus on a doe.

Did any of the other MD guys go out in the first snow fall of the year?

deer1.jpg deer2.jpg

11. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck and good work. My lease is in Frederick county and I was so tempted to get out but it didn't start snowing here in Elkridge until about 2 and it's been a slushy icy mix. I have to say I'm second-guessing my decision after seeing your success.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. MarylandBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot him at 7:30 am, I saw 7 deer from 7:15 till 7:45. Pretty good morning out there.

13. Forkie McRut

Forkie McRut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We had 4" in Washington County Saturday. Went out and had limbs coming down around me from the heavy snow. Got out of the woods after that. Hunted all day Friday and didn't see a single deer. No idea why they weren't moving ahead of the storm as expected. We still have standing corn up around us as well as beans, but I don't think they are hitting the beans.

Who knows when the farmer will get the crops cut now that the fields are so wet.

14. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    well congrats on the buck....i have been sick all this week but i still tried to get out there and get some action but it was tough hopefully i get feeling better here this week so i can get out there where it matters the most rut

15. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on your buck!

16. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    So I went on Saturday afternoon and boy was it ****ty. I hate public land. I saw maybe like 15 vehicles on the way in to where i was parking. And then on top of it, everyone was target practicing shooting guns. I heard rifles shotguns and even muzzleloaders. Maybe like 200 shots the whole time I was in the deer stand. The deer had to be scared ****less. What a disappointing hunt!

17. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    i see that you have wolf problems it sounds like that is becoming pretty normal anmymore not good really i dont know what to really tell ya just be careful i guess

18. MarylandBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Buckeye!!

19. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    i just want to update you guys with my hunt this morning and afternoon....this morning around 7 30 a buck was chasing a doe couldnt get a shot off....this afternoon i saw 3 out a ways in the cut beans....when leaving i saw 6 ready to cross the road where i hunt so im gonna have to go out tomorow morning hoping that they made it through the woods or stick in the area so a buck can chase them around....thats my plan any luck guys?

20. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Went out last night. Had a doe stop in the grassy opening behind me and then she caught wind of me. I thought it was weird she did but then 20 minutes later I heard wolves howling from the north and also to the west of me. The one to the west of me was like 200 yards away. Not cool. So I hopped out of my stand and that was my hunt.

Today this morning I went in. It was really still in the woods and super quiet. I heard something farely loud like scratching on a tree. I was hoping it was a buck rubbing his head on one making a rub. This noise continued maybe like 20 minutes or so. Next thing you know there's the most ginormous porcupine I've ever seen climbing down a tree like 35 yrds in front of me. The guy looked like a small bear at first. I mean this thing was a monster! Anyway I didn't see anything else.

Thats My Update. :sad: