rabbit help

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by finlay smith, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Non related to the rabbits, but i'd increase the brace height on your bow. Looks too short, take your string off and add twists until your brace height measures 7-3/4" or so. This will make it shoot smoother and quieter

2. Rogue6

Rogue6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If your gonna try night hunting first I would recommend going with someone it helps to have someone hold the light and it's always a good safety point to night hunt in pairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mike71198

mike71198 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love rabbit hunting but have always used dogs and shotguns. My beagles love to run rabbits. They willget on a rabbit and the rabbit will make a big circle back to you. Often times I just take the dogs out and let them run the rabbits and I do not even take a gun. It is a good time for me to get out and let the dogs get exercise. I live in West Virginia and rabbit season is in the winter Nov-Feb for both cotton tail and snowshoe.

4. Smoke

Smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    like they said earlier... they like to hide in the thick stuff... if a bunny thinks you don't see it, it will stay put and let you walk by... the trick I've found is bust thru that thick stuff, but every 10 yards or so stop and just stand there for about 2 minutes... if one is there he'll get nervous and bust out... have had em bust out from within 3 feet of me that I never saw till they moved... their real good at hiding...

5. finlay smith

finlay smith Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thank you for the advice! my string recently broke, so I used a online archery supply shop and they sent me a string for a 60" bow and it measures 58.5in. I don't think it's the right length and it wasn't a cheap string, I tried twisting it but it didn't do much for me. having negotiations with the shop, but what do you guys think about this? should I use this string even though it feels way too lose? by the way my old string measured 57in.

6. finlay smith

finlay smith Newb

Dislikes Received:
  7. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That string is way too long. A 60" recurve will generally use a 56" string.