Quiver , Hip , Side or back ????

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by Bails-UK, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Which works best .

I seem to have everything covered apart from a quiver , am i best saving up for the Safari tuff and using my Gompy Hip quiver for now or can you recommend another quiver ....

Dave

2. Double Creek

Double Creek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like to have the quiver on my bow. It adds mass weight which is usually a good thing in terms of shooting accuracy. I have found some bows that don't balance well with them though. I'm like Jeff, you may need to try a few out and see what you like. You can usually pic up some decent deals on Tradgang or ebay. Quivers are just one of those things that I think are way too dang expensive, especially the big names.

3. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think a lot of folks go thru a few quivers before you find the "one" that you'll stick with! I started out with a Eagles Flight Archery bow quiver, top notch quiver, Don gives great deals to tradgang members but I just didn't like it on my bow, it made it a little to bulky for my likings! My 2nd quiver was an Arrowmaster and I found the "one" quiver that I'll stick with! Its a great all around quiver that holds more than enough arrows for the way I hunt! I tell ya, while rabbit hunting this quiver just followed me everywhere, I couldn't imagine going thru the think stuff with a bow mounted quiver!

If it were me, I would save my money for the Arrowmaster and give it a go, if you don't like it you can sell it for what you paid for it with no problems!

4. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And just to show how individualized things are in this game. I like my Eagles flight archery bow quiver. I had a few issues with vibration at first, but a couple emails to them fixed that right up after thier suggestions. Its small, light & quiet.
    Hip quivers flop too much for me, and back quivers are ok, but I fidget with them too much.

5. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got "selways" on both of my bows, love em, alot of what DoubleCreek said earlier..goes the same for me.

6. VA Bowbender

VA Bowbender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They're all good for different applications.

7. woodsman

woodsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had friend that used a hip quiver for hunting. Arrow flipped out while crossing a fence, broadhead entered just below the cheek of his butt, narrowly missed the main artery and traveled upward.. fortunately, he had a cell phone and the ambulance was able to drive to him.. very lucky.

It was very bad about loosing arrows walking through brush.. not sure what kind it was.

woodsman

8. Bails-UK

Dislikes Received:
    Ok i don't want anything entering near my Butt , so i'm saving for the Safari Tuff :tu:

9. BobCo19-65

BobCo19-65 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use my arrow master for hunting. To me it is the best hunting quiver available.

For roaming, I use my back pocket.

10. Burnie

Burnie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Which is best? The best is the one you like the best. I like a back quiver.

11. Bails-UK

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna get myself a cheapish back quiver for £13=$20 , while i save for my Safari Tuff ... Missed out on a safari tuff this morning on TradGang $100 Shipped ......DOH :bash:

12. VA Bowbender

VA Bowbender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bought on of these Wyandotte Leather, Leather Back Quiver w/Knife & File Case. I really like it a lot. I can carry a file that I put a chisel edge on and a pair of pliers, my stringer and other miscellaneous items. It comes in very handy when the stumps are harder than you think.
    Here I'm wearing it. I like the extra keeper strap. I don't wear it hunting, I have a bow quiver for that.

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a bow quiver type of guy, I like my arrows damn close If I'm In need of them. Whatever floats your boat though Is what you should do.

14. Burnie

Burnie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here is the quiver ive been using for some time. I made it years ago. I am going to cover it with a yote skin. That is, once I find a yote with a decent pelt. All the yotes ive shot have had messed up fur.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. ZachCL

ZachCL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do you guys w/ the back quivers put a piece of foam in the bottom to stick your broadheads into??

16. Burnie

Burnie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Zach
    I make mine with a real thick leather bottom. I put in a draw string to snug up the arrows so they do not move when I walk. I do know guys who put foam in the bottoms of their. I will probably put in some foam, once I get back to working on it. I can see where it will help keep the arrows from moving.