Quick question for everyone

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BackwoodOutdoors, Sep 12, 2016.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In theory sounds good...until Mr Greenjeans is, writing you a ticket.

Besides in reality, you have no privacy...but I'm trying to switch to PTO mode instead of computer nerd mode...we can talk privacy another time. :cheers:

2. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am curious what county you are hunting. I live in an Ohio country that borders PA. I live in Trumbull.

3. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I agree my initial though was a poor choice don't take his stand home with you as then all the sudden you're the thief...he might just be the guy that thinks because he's hunted x spot for years he owns it. If its just coincidence that he happened to put a stand up 5 ft from yours when yours got pulled well then I don't buy it. That's a tough one...hate to be bullied on public but you may be better off moving on. All other options besides implicating yourself in or committing a criminal act are fair game. Including taking a big crap at the base of his tree. When Iwas primarily hunting public a similar situation occurrd to me but the person didn't pull my stand they literally put a big ladder stand 10' away from my stand. Iwent to hunt it when I saw the stand, hunted and shot a small buck gutted it at the bottom of his ladder and hung the nuts from the rung of his stand. Probably not my best behavior but was satisfying at the time.
    If you move on you'll be the bigger person with better karma and they'll be a **** but they'll also have the spot.

4. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    OP was your stand stolen or was it just taken down and left by the tree ?

5. flatwoodshunter

flatwoodshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Read post #18.

6. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you show up there first he'll have to move on public ground. Just record it.
    Although personally, I'd move some where else because if he did take it down because he feels entitled to the spot. Then he probably won't stop there.