Questions about buck movement

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by patinthehat, Oct 6, 2014.

1. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This last soak at one of our properties, I got a really good 10 pt on camera who is probably at least a 4.5 or 5.5 year old buck. My camera was out for about 1.5 months and after going through all the pictures 3 or 4 times, I realized that the big 10 only came in on 3 days. And by days i mean he came in early in the morning (2-4am) and then again late that evening (9pm-11pm). 2 of the days were the new moon and the 3rd was a full moon. is this some weird random coincidence or is there a pattern here i don't know about?

2. mrjonwilson

mrjonwilson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm no expert on this, but I'm of the opinion that moon phase, wind direction, time of day, temperature, and weather all play an important part of a deer moving through certain areas. I don't think it's a coincidence.

3. .09 Outdooors

.09 Outdooors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know A LOT of people who think the moon phase is one of the most important things. That being said I'm sure you could relate buck movement to anything if you tried hard enough like how many stars you see, gas prices, hell probably even how many cups of coffee you drink in a morning