Question for South Carolina hunters

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by JohnQ, Sep 16, 2017.

1. JohnQ

JohnQ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I currently live in Georgia where I hunt family owned private land and public land. My wife's family lives in Lexington SC near Lake Murray and we will likely be moving that way in the next 10 months or so. I have checked online and found a map of different public lands in South Carolina but found it somewhat difficult to interpret. It had some clearly marked WMA's that were no where near the area of Lexington we will likely move to. There were other areas of light green that by the legend on the map appeared to be public land but were not named and were relatively small tracts of land mostly owned by SCE&G. Are these properties open to public hunting? Does anyone know of any good public land to hunt on the Lexington side of lake Murray or anywhere else in the general area. How about just where is good hunting in South Carolina in general? I don't know that I will have funds for a club the first year we are there due to changing jobs and buying a new home but I'm hoping that will be an option shortly after getting there. Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. JohnQ

JohnQ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot to mention this is in reference to deer hunting. I like all hunting but am specifically interested in deer hunting.

3. santiago0072002

santiago0072002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I live in SC and hunt in Fort Jackson. I used to hunt in a place near lake Murray very small patch of ground on the map.
    I don't know anything about SCEnG but can find out too. My name is Hector.

4. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I could help but I hunt far East of your eventual home.