Question for JZ- zombie slayers

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Sburns08, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Justin I seen you are shooting the zombie slayer arrows in the most recent episodes. I haven't looked anywhere to see if you have talked about them already or not but I wanted to get your input on them.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    So far so good! When we switched from CX I wanted something comparable to the Maxima BLU's that I was shooting. These Zombie Slayers are within a couple grains so I didn't have to switch anything with my sight tapes and I'm shooting dead nuts on.

Now I will say I also picked up a dozen Rampages as well, and am now shooting those. I really wanted to get back to a smaller diameter arrow as I feel they fly and penetrate better. I'm using a 50 grain brass HIT insert in the Rampages and along with a wrap, 3 Quikspins and a Lumenok they weigh in at 435 grains at 28" long. My BLU's were 438 with the additional weight up front so I'm in the same boat - don't have to re-sight my bow a few days before season.

Both arrows are flying dead on for me, but I'll most likely be carrying in the Rampages into the woods with me for the rest of this year. When turkey season comes I'll pull the weight out of the front of the Zombie Slayers and use those as I prefer a lighter, faster arrow for birds and a little more weight for deer.

3. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Justin, I have looked into them but wasn't sure how much i would need to adjust my bow. The zombie slayers look pretty badass though. Ill take straight flight over looks though.

4. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is my last year shooting my old Easton Axis arrows. Definitely nothing wrong with them, they are just getting a little worn out as I've had the same dozen for years. Definitely going to check out the BEA arrows in the spring. I too, like a small diameter arrow.