Question about peep/string twist

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by kahneyjd, Oct 21, 2011.

1. kahneyjd

kahneyjd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a new 1 week old PSE Bow Madness with 500-600 shots through it. I am having a problem with the peep/string twisting, peep it a tubeless blue G5 round peep. It seems everytime I shoot I have to twist the d-loop to another position to get the peep to line up correctly. Yesterday I had everything linned up and went out this morning and it started twisting again.

My shots are good out to 40 yards (3" groups) and my Broadheads are shooting same as my FP. Should I get a tube peep to correct this or shuold I adjust my current peep again?

Thank you all for your help!

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Take it back to the shop and have them serve on top and bottom of the peep the direction it needs to go and also adjust it off the lower part of your shooting string

3. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The string should have stabilized by now. You should be able to have the shop adjust the twist of the string to align the peep where it needs to be and it should stay there. (They can twist/untwist the string 1/2 turn to get your peep straight.) I don't like rubbing tubing peep aligners but if your string is really unstable that may be the way you'll have to go. Nothing worse than drawing back on a critter and not being able to see through your peep...

4. kahneyjd

kahneyjd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks guys. I'll go to the shop tomorrow.

5. samsquamch

samsquamch Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was having the same problem and I learned if you stagger the knots on the d-loop on each side of the string it helps. Took care of my problem.