QAD Ultra Rest Squeaking

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jrob140, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Jrob140

Jrob140 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone ever had a problem with squeaking when drawing their bow using the QAD ultra rest? Whenever I would practice slowly drawing my bow in the stand I noticed it would squeak. Today I took the felt off of it which fixed the squeaking, but now the arrow makes noise if I bump it because of the carbon on plastic. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've never had felt cause noise on mine. I've definitely noticed noise when the arrow drags across the rest if there is no felt.
    Have you tried some new felt? Perhaps the old felt just had build up and that caused the noise.
    Another idea, I haven't tried it but think it would work really well. Some have wrapped the launcher with serving material. Lasts a really long time and no arrow noise. The bottom of the launcher is the tricky part, they do a diagonal wrap towards the side post and lay the serving side by side, going out into the cradle area. I'd imagine they do two separate servings, one for the left side and then another piece for the right side.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Did that felt have a small patch that was worn? Or sometimes different felts can heat up and cause it to form into a different harder texture after repeated arrow shots. I would go down and get some new felt at a hobby store and try it out.

Mod-it likes this.
  4. Brian Smythe

Brian Smythe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have used Mole Skin to replace the felt on mine. Incredibly quiet and cost saving as the square pieces can be cut and used once they become worn or damaged.

5. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had the squeaking, most times I just needed new felt.

Seems weird, but if I would hear it on my practice draw in the stand I would just wet it and the sound would go away.