Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Pulled the trigger

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Sota, Dec 26, 2023.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hope your enjoying yourbow Sota. Will you be turkey hunting to break it inbefore deer season?

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I got all the paper work ready for the full season crossbow. It's been sitting in a drawer waiting to go out. I decided that I'd give my compound another go.. I'll be mailing out the form tomorrow.
    The arthritis is getting pretty bad and is effecting my elbows now. Gripping is a challenge with needing two hands and a pot holder to pour coffee. Drawing and holding steady with the bow is more than a challenge. I find I have started setting things on my fore arm when Lifting heavy stuff to compensate.
    Again, to beat a dead horse as it were ....
    BEWARE OF THOSE TICKS!
    Yes I'm older and yes I've worked my joints hard over the years. I was starting this arthritis years ago, had knees scraped. That said since that one tick last year and I've had two since, it's exploded.
    Effecting even planting the garden. I couldnt plant 7 plants without stopping to rest my hands from trying to hold the trowel.
    Well lifes a challenge and we learn to adjust to move on. I'll continue adjusting and never give up.
    Ying and the yang of it... man I do enjoy hand washing dishes now in that wonderful hot water. Use to hate washing dishes..lol