Pulled cam cards last evening and...

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by w33kender, Sep 1, 2018.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ....had over 1,200 pictures of feral swine. I know what I'm hunting this deer season, at least.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. Hogs need lovin too

Hogs need lovin too Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a big ass hog. I can relate to your pain of seeing more than 1000 pictures of hogs as they have a slumber party at a feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

w33kender likes this.
  3. Matthew Bolt

Matthew Bolt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's aggravating checking your trail cams with high hopes only to find thousands of pictures of hogs. Happens to me just about every time I put bait out. Which is exactly why I am simply going to hunt natural food sources this year. After all acorns trump any bait you can throw out there for deer... At least that hog is coming during the day and you'll have a chance to get him while you're deer hunting. The ones on my property were coming in the middle of the night and staying for hours.

w33kender likes this.
  4. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not an expert by a long shot but I recall reading- using above ground feeders that only deer can reach eliminates hog visits. There might be some spilled on the ground as deer don't have the best table manners. Just what I read.

w33kender likes this.
  5. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a sweet looking hog! Sucks to have so many but maybe you will have a fun year getting after many of those big guys.

w33kender likes this.
  6. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting hogs might help the environment. They are a big problem in the great Smoky Mountains National Park. Wife and I stopped at one of the homesteads in Cade's Cove. The place looked like a drunk plowed the yard.

7. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    At least hogs give you something to hunt year round, hone your archery skills, renewable food source to boot. As long as you're not a farmer/rancher, they shouldn't be too much of a problem. And if they become a problem, start trapping them.

8. Mlavigne78

Mlavigne78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m lucky enough to not have a hog problem. I’d like to hunt some, but not around my deer areas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w33kender likes this.
  9. HardLuckLarry

HardLuckLarry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A few years ago, I ran across a passel of wild hogs when hunting the White Rock WMA here in Arkansas. They were lounging in the middle of the back road I was driving, taking off only after I got quite close to them with the SUV. There were probably 3 or 4 adults and 8-10 little ones. It was the first time I ever came across pigs in the woods, as I've hunted the majority of my life in Oregon, Washington and Wyoming. For certain pigs are dominating habitat that deer rely on, and I hope to be able to shoot a few during the deer season. I'm only concerned about how vicious they can be when wounded.

I'll go through my old photos to see if I can find a picture of these swine.