Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Public Land

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by BOW/zimmer, Feb 2, 2010.

1. BOW/zimmer

BOW/zimmer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last Friday I went out on some public land got lucky and walked up on 2 sheds...I also noticed that there has already been someone in there looking! My question to you guys is, how often would you go into this land and tromp around?? I was thinking maybe once a week, but not sure?

2. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I also hunt public land and have landed some big sheds! I found a 12 point match set last year on public land. That spot also gets hit by a lot of hunters due to it being a nature park with a lot of trails for people to just get out and walk. I got 10 sheds off of this spot last year and hope to get more this year. The only thing with this spot getting hit by other people you have to walk it as much as you can otherwise you never know when the other person is going to step in there and find them first. That is the only bad thing about that type of land. I walk my spot about two to three times a week but with going out early unlike a lot of hunters I stay away from bedding areas unless I start to see a lot of foot prints in the woods off the trails. I hope this helps you out. Here is my set I found off public land! I also have trail cam pics of him because I hunt about a mile away! I found them on Jan 3rd 2009 and did not even see this guy this year so not sure where he went. That snow trail cam picture was taken 12 days before I found the set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]