pse surge.....new to site

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by david12601, Sep 14, 2016.

1. david12601

david12601 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone....last year I purchased a pse surge and have been shooting a lot,just had new strings and cable put on and and had it dialed in pretty good.I then changed my draw length from 27 to 26 at the recommendation of the bow shop now my arrows are hitting high. so lets back up when everything was ok at 27 my sight was at the neutral position and my qad was working perfectly and peep position was perfect. The peep now is about 2 inches lower than before tried raising it and arrows were shooting higher,did some reading and made sure sight and the rest and nock was where it should be . So after some shots I had to raise the sight and the the nock at that point the bow was shooting pretty good.....the peep is still 2 inches lower than where it should be...so my question is if I raise the rest and the nock will that enable me raise the peep ,I even went back to the 27 draw length pretty much stumped thanks

2. david12601

david12601 Newb

Dislikes Received:
  3. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. david12601

david12601 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    the new strings are from 60x.....I took off sight and qad rest......screwed a board to workbench that I could clamp bow into the leveled and plumed it up....next re installed the rest and used 2 line levels to true up everything and a ruler to make sure arrow as riding where it was supposed too....raised d loop by 3/8 of an inch....and it is a little higher on the berger hole.....next mounted sight as high as possible then peep was only 1/2 inch off......really took my time centershot was almost perfect...now my new deep six arrows are hittng perfect at 45 yds

5. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't understand completely, I know if you raise the rest and nock point to Mach face to the peep, it will throw your paper tune off, arrow won't be coming off bow perfectly in the center. I'd make sure arrow is still in the Berger holes first, then move the peep to where it needs to be for your eye. Hope that helps !!

6. david12601

david12601 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    the problem is solved.....the rest does not have to be in the middle of the berger hole but it should be close,according to PSE support .....I moved my entire bow sight up to the highest holes this decreased the angle that you get looking through the peep......I adjusted the d loop and started shooting at 5 yards at a vertical piece of tape on the target face.....I had to adjust sight by 1/16 of an inch and the shot 8 arrows and all hit the tape.....then I attached a piece horizontal tape to the target face and proceeded to do the same ...hit the tape....I then move to 20 yds and repeated ........the elevation was right on but windage I had to move sight pin and then everything was right on then it was a matter of adjusting the sight pins.........next went to home depot to buy a compressed bale of peat moss and tried out my broadheads very lucky as the deep six 100 grain fixed blade hit almost at the same point as the field heads..........my bow has different holes where you can mount the sight higher or lower so the top set of holes worked better for me....and this 60x string is great I am going to put them on my other bows.......anyway problem FIXED