PSE Stinger extreme?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Evan Dodd, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Evan Dodd

Evan Dodd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I currently have a bear effect. I’ve maxed it out (it’s the 40-50 lb model) and I would like something with a smoother draw. The Pse Stinger Extreme caught my attention. Would it be a good bow or would I dislike it after having the effect. Are there any other bows anyone would recommend. I would like to spend no more than 400$. I will hunt whitetail and possibly elk.

grommel likes this.
  2. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had the PSE Stinger and absolutely loved it!! It was a smooth shooting bow, and I took several deer with it. Buy a bow that fits you the best and you feel most comfortable with! Best of luck.

3. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go shoot one. I have a PSE Vision (I think the stinger was the replacement for that) that I set up for spots. I did it a little bit to poke fun at the flagship boys. I would walk up and ask them to trade their stabilizer for my bow. I never beat them, but I shot my best scores ever. The only piece of "real" target gear was a doinker dish that I picked up used. Had all of 375 into the bow. I did trade some IT work for a set of Gold Tip target arrows. Maybe try out the Diamond Edge SB1 too. There is also a Diamond with a carbon riser that comes in between 475 and 550 if you can stretch a little.

Don't be afraid to look at the big box brands. I'm pretty sure Bowtech makes the Cabela's bows. Just be prepared to take it to a pro to have it tuned for you. Tech skill at the retailers tends to be hit and miss.

If you know enough about what you need the AT classifieds are great. I scored a Bowtech BTX 31 ready to hunt for 650. The guy had it a year before he sold it.