PSE DriveLT vs Bow Madness 30

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by r0scoe, Nov 18, 2014.

1. r0scoe

r0scoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They seem to be pretty similar, both cost the same and IBO speed is the same. Has anyone tried both?

What are the differences?

After a little further read, the Madness is about half a pound lighter and has a sub-30 A2A which I think would make it a better tree stand bow

Which would you choose if give a choice?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never shot those PSE`S but I do have a PSE Stinger 3G from last year and I love it. Give em both the run through, pick what feels right to you! Good Luck.

3. r0scoe

r0scoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My problem is I don't think i'll be able to get my hands on a Bow Madness 30. The places in my area i've called have PSE but they only have the DriveLT or up to the Decree (too expensive for me unfortunately).

4. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Look into the website Huntersfriend.com They have what you need, but you wont be able to shoot the bows, but if you do some homework, youll be able to decide what is right for you. They set up the bow for your exact measurements, good site, love them!

5. Riverbc

Riverbc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Drive is a 2 cam bow, where the Bow Madness is a single cam. The Drive is approx 6 fps faster. (whoopee) The big difference is the Bow Madness is a Mainline bow and comes with a cheaper string and a peep with tubing. The Drive is from PSE's Pro Series and comes with a better string and a tubeless peep, as there is very little twist if any. I've owned a Bow Madness, and changed out the string in it's first season. I shot my friend's Drive and liked it. Both bows are good shooting bows, but I'd take the Drive over the Bow Madness because of the quality of the string. Just my 2 cents.