Property Tips

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Jake/OH, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Jake/OH

Jake/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Over the last couple of years I have dabbled in the food plots with relatively good success. But next year will be the first deer season that I wont be loaded down with schoolwork so I was really wanting to get out and really try and improve the overall habitat of my parents property. Currently while being a good area for some really good dear, I usually can get at least 2-3 135''-140+" shooters on camera over the summer months but come fall I just can't seem to close the deal between me making my own mistakes and the fact that the seem to disappear :violin: Now you will notice in this picture that none of my stands are in the woods, that's due to new strategy by me to try and give the deer another spot hide and feel safe. This is also due to not having any good entry/exit routes, (pink arrow is the direction that the wind most commonly blows for me). So long story short I asking for advice on possible stand sights and some habitat improvement ideas that will help me to maybe see and for my property to hold more deer.

Everything to the left of the yellow line is a neighbors property so, no food plots can go over there on that side.

purple dots= apple trees planted last year

blue= ponds

Generally that CRP has to be mowed every august so its not very tall for deer season

Total the properties consists of just about 100 acres
    Thanks Jake
    farm.jpg

2. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    maybe you could enroll that middle field into a crp tree planting?? that would help alot with cover on your property.