Problem with cameras????

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Chago, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    OK So I have 4 Spypoints and 2 Uways. Having some bad luck with them. Took them out of winter storage and there all causing me grief. 1 Uway for some reason just won't work?? its only 1 year old. I put the batteries in and turn it on and the no memory card signal comes onto the screen. If I add a card it doesn't do anything. It won't let me see menu, it won't take photos, nothing.

So I took one of my 3 year old spypoints, tested it in garage and it worked fine. I put it out on my spot two weeks ago. I checked card today, it took 1700 photos of a whole lot of nothing. I'm not sure why though as the sun was not a issue. Sun was not in its face at all at any time of day. Now that I can deal with. But the night time photos were just red and black screen. You can't see anything. And the morning shots were all covered in dew so you can't see anything. Do I have two problems here? seal allowing water in from dew? and the IR are toast?? I might need to throw these all away and get a new camera. I would prefer a wireless one for this spot as its only about 100 yards from my house.

2. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Before you throw them away I would contact the companies and see if they can help you out in any way. Even if they are out of warranty they may go as far as replacing the cameras, fixing them for free, fixing them for a cost or give you a credit towards something new. Let us know if you do contact them and what they say!!

3. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No doubt one gets what they pay for with trail cameras. Like Chuck said though call company 1st.

4. mrjonwilson

mrjonwilson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'd also check the SD cards. I just worked on my bro-in-law's Cuddyback last night. It was taking black pics at night and hardly anything in the day. Come to find out, he was using cheap Walgreens brand SD cards. I'd use SanDisk or PNY. Make sure you are ejecting them properly from the computer after checking them. Don't just pull them out without ejecting/unmounting. Some people blame the camera when it could be the card. SD Cards are cheaper than a new camera. :)

5. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've got two spy points. They take ok pictures, but the detection circuit on them is absolute crap. I've tested them side by side with other cameras and they pick up half the stuff walking by at most. Usually get 3x as many pics with other cams. I would at least try sending them in and see what happens... If you do get new cams I would suggest moultrie 880. A lot of people on here love the coverts but I bought an mp8 black and have been super disappointed. Dawn and dusk pictures are basically all white out pics, and the midnight pics are too dark and overall crappy pics. They do take amazing day pics but I like the moultrie or my bushnell trophy cams better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk