Problem With A D BAG Neighbor

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Lester, Feb 8, 2016.

1. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This one hits a little close to home as our dogs we built a small corral for them to go into off of the deck. Once in a blue moon the shepherd might get out of it but that's a couple times a year at most. My feeling is I don't want other people's dogs running around loose so I will do my best to keep mine under control. With our neighbors to the west they do the same, they work their dogs and train them year round and yet they don't let them wander loose. The neighbors to the east have golden retrievers that they let out and all year long we are dodging dog crap on our property. We know it's their dogs as we see them doing it, not to mention you can see the damn tracks in the snow coming over to do it. I do the same thing, take a shovel and give it the heave-ho over into their yard. Maybe they realize they are doing it, maybe they have blinders on. My guess is your neighbor has seen it often enough to know it's your dog. Gotta do your part on that. As far as the crap thrown on into the garage I'd say that definitely borders on vandalism, just gotta prove it's him doing it....kinda like the dog.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And this my friends, is why I do not have neighbors. Mic Drops.

3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a neighbor that his dog runs over to my driveway/alley in the winter and craps a couple times a week. I just collect it and gracefully toss it back across the road into his yard. He'll have a nice surprise come spring when the snow melts.

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The black flash cam is probably best...get a nice collection of evidence, pull the cards...then switch to a couple of old cheap flash cams so he knows he's busted. :evilgrin:

5. ChuckC

Dislikes Received:
    I do agree with lining that side of your property with trail cameras set in video mode. You might get him on video doing what you know he is doing, or perhaps his kids if he has any? You also may get the real culprit(s) that are causing the poopy issue to begin with.

6. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love the camera idea and asking law enforcement for recommendations. What bugs me is the fact that it sounds like you have dealt with the situation for a long time...because you are not sure if it's your dog doing it or not? If this is the case and as others have stated, I would ensure 100% chance it is not your dog over a significant period of time.

Maybe take the first step to ensure it is not your dog and let your neighbor know that fact. Then if it continue to happen, you have a valid argument and the video and pics show the issue.

I do not have a dog and get pissed when I find dog crap in my yard. To have it happen consistently would be tough regardless which neighbors dog is doing it. Maybe I stepped in too many piles when I was playing as a kid :)

7. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have dealt with it for a long time because of problems in the past with this neighbor. We have had this dog for a few years now. She was abused by the previous owner and still to this day she cowers at first when anyone but my wife goes to pet her. When my wife gets home she lets her out and feeds her and goes and changes her clothes. That is the only time she is out on her own. The neighbor on the other side has had their dog for as long as we have lived there. They do nothing with their dog and it poops in everyones lawn. I didn't like it when she would go in our yard but I never threw it in their yard or at their house. I understand that he is mad that he has dog poop in his yard but think he is throwing at our house because of the previous problem. I know for fact that he is doing it because he has bragged about it to other neighbors. I would love to go over there and just hey come on knock it off but it wouldn't end that way and I am trying to avoid that. I am going to set up a couple cameras this weekend so I have video of him plus to be able to show what dogs are going in his yard.

8. ChuckC

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe he thinks your other neighbor's dog is yours?? I'm assuming you are talking about neighbors on both sides of you? If he sees it coming from your yard perhaps that is the case. I'm guessing here since I have no idea how close they live and if the yards are open or wooded in some ways.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is really no excuse for throwing dog crap around.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    City people problems :jerry:

11. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Water Balloon launcher minus the water, he'd never see it coming lol

12. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    let's see an aerial map of the 3 houses in question and we can lay out a game plan lol

13. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck regardless of what happens. I have had very difficult neighbors and tried to resolve it the friendly way and the police way. Nothing worked...I eventually moved away. Not 100% because of the neighbor however, that contributed to speeding up the process.

14. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just mount a fake security camera in plain view. He might think twice. If not and the police have no effect I think my inner John Wayne would have to come out and meet him in the middle of the street.

15. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'd have a real hard time not smacking him upside the head for throwing dog crap on my garage door.

16. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I cant tell you how hard it is not to just go over and punch this SOB in the face, but then I am trouble. It almost came to this once before when he was screaming and swearing at my son when he was 9. That is part of the reason we do not talk.

17. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    put up a sign in your yard that says "idiot neighbor" with an arrow pointing towards his house.

18. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Or just let the dog crap dry and as soon as it comes off and peels paint it goes from harassment to vandalism, which is a criminal charge. Change the game.

19. Mckaax

Mckaax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing worse that dog pooh in your yard if you don't own dogs. I'll bet if there was dog pooh in his yard this wouldn't happen.

20. WELDO

WELDO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I too have a SOB neighbor and have had the cops out here several times to resolve issues! The camera is a great way to prove he's doing it when he tries saying didn't. An invisable fence for that side of the property would keep your dog where it needs to be. Then I would take a few of the invisable fence lawn sign's and plant them where this A Hole is approachIng your property. Good luck