Probability

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by charleshibner92, Nov 26, 2016.

1. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ole Chuckles has a question and would like to know what other bowhunters and hunters in general think..
    What is the probability or chance of seein a buck if u get him at night one time on your camera thru the rut? Is ther much of a chance? Pulled my card toda on a farm and this guy showed up ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1480213000.282928.jpg

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Possibly not probably but you have to be there when he does it adds to the odds. Fact is you will never get a shot from your couch.

3. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had that buck and another one that came thru my cam one time and jus thought id c what the rest of yal thought..

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am waiting on a buck I have watched for 3 years, he disappeared in september he is back and is coming thru a little earlier every night, bucks have a way of just when you are on the cusp of catching them they just quit playing.

5. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is like the lottery... you have to buy a ticket for a chance to win. The buck is in the area so if you are you may draw the lucky number.

6. OkieArrowSlinger

OkieArrowSlinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's the best part about hunting the rut is you never know what you're gonna see. I had a big 7 show up about 2 weeks ago that I have never seen before. Hunted last Friday morning and that evening with no luck...pulled the card on my camera and he was in front of my ground blind at 2pm... Just checked my camera again today and got a pic of another good buck I've never seen moving through at 7:30 in the morning. It helps if you've got hot does in your area but luck has a lot to do with it. Your odds obviously get better the more times you are in the stand.

7. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have never shot a buck that I only have nighttime photos of. But....that does not stop me from hunting near those cameras as I know at least bucks and big bucks feel comfortable in that area.

8. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you hunt, I'd say exactly 50/50. You'll either see him or you won't.