Pro Staff

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by VAbowhunter84, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good. I'll be your camera man for the day! You can submit it to JZ as your screening... :) BH needs a Kansas Prostaffer!

2. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like this idea a lot!! As much as I love bowhunting.com I venture off onto midwestwhitetail.com and they have a set up like this. There are shows rolling in almost every day from different regions. Most of them are no longer then 15 minutes just because it may simply be an update how people are doing; it’s not always about the kills. Then with this idea I know how much people like to see hunts from their home state, so it may be a way to fill in that spot also. Big bucks don’t just come from the mid west

3. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you not read some of the posts that have been locked...I am pretty sure that would get some attention :evilgrin:

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cole: here's a proposal.

I'll come be your video guy if once you get the one your chasing our roles switch and you get me on some Kansas ground! haha! 50% joking 50% serious :)

5. Root

Root Tomahawk group

Dislikes Received:
    We have a Spring Turkey season coming up you could always hold a BHoD show here in florida ;) but there is plenty of hunting to do all year round.

6. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When I watch a show I am expecting a few things or I feel like I am wasting my time. I look for entertainment, animals being shot and learning something that I can use in my own hunting situations. I dont see where a new hunter has any of that to offer except maybe the entertainment factor where you can see them do something stupid...laugh and remember oh yeah I did that before.

7. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think the point being made is...

That its becoming redundent to watch "big name" hunters kill 190" deer...3x in every episode. Its just not realistic...fair chase or not. The "average" joe gets that moment once or twice in a lifetime...not every hunt.

Just my .02. A change of pace show would be cool.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

8. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see what you are saying and I like to watch others hunt and it doesnt have to be a GIANT either, but we can watch shows like Bow Hunt or Die with hunters that have experience to share.

9. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

i like this idea alot! specially if they would go for someone whose never got a buck bow kill or an kill for that matter with a bow. Because if thatd be the case id be a perfect candidate =]

10. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think for a show as I mentioned previously to be successful, it would have to have more than one hunter. Maybe a team of new bow hunters. Throw in a rifle guy or gal turned bow only, a guy or gal with little to no hunting experience, a guy or gal that has some experience with a kill or few under their belt but, no buck and a coach of sorts to teach them and viewers at home some things. Do archery shooting tips along with hunting tips sections for each show. NONE being hunting superstars and not all young hunters nor a bunch of old guys. Do a mix of ages. Use sponsors like G5, Athens Archery or some other non-mainstream bow manufacturers or a few different ones (I would love to see some bow companies get along for a change), Black Eagle arrows, and others. Talk tech about things such as spine, arrow weight, FOC, properly set up bows and why it's all important. Make it a learning and entertaining show, not some boring, mundane "I smoked my 10th giant of the season" show. Add a segment or two showing the guys/gals shooting a 3D tournament or two and talk about the advantages of shooting them (it would help 3D grow some) Maybe even get a local shop or a few involved that they go visit every now and then.

Make it about the whole life style of a bow hunter/archer, not just sitting in a stand that your $10,000.00 paid outfitter hung for you just to land that big guy that they reserved just for the publicity on the show. Do all that without turning it into a Duck Dynasty reality show. (Robertson's, please don't take that negatively, I love you guys)

Just my thoughts on what I would enjoy watching. I bet most hunters would love a show like that.

11. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys we do read all your suggestions and such and we thank you for your input. Just so you all know, the whole staff are just a bunch of working class guys just like you, we have members as low as 14 years old, I dont know of any that pays outfitters to hunt, just guys on there lease, public or private ground. There will be post season happenings as well as pre season leading up to it. Keep the suggestions rolling in!

12. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are all chubs ;)

I think alot of the comments (i know mine) were directed towards big-tv type hunting shows. The bone collectors, the drurys, ect...

13. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mine too.

I know I started the post off about BH.com pro staff but, when I was referring to producing a show it was for TV not a web show.

I respect the BH.com hunting staff and know they are normal guys who love to hunt. I hope no one took my comments directed towards any of the staff here on the site.

14. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would fit the bill. Never shot a deer with my bow. But I have with a shotgun. However I don't think I'm eligible. I live in nj and I'm 13

15. Crossbow Jared

Crossbow Jared Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would LOVE to see todd shoot a spike buck and put it on BHOD. :jerry:

16. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Better yet a button buck

17. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    None taken! :o

18. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    I thought I was the only chubs, now in hurt :cry:

19. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Your the original chubs my friend! Your going to the G2G right?

20. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Well heck yeah, already put in a vacation day so I can show Friday afternoon!! Cant wait, you better be there! :D