Prime Logic CT3 or Hoyt Helix

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Riverduck11, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting PSE for the last 23 years. I went to my local shop and shot all major manufactures and really liked these two the best. The Prime Logic CT3 and the Hoyt Helix. I am going back to shoot them today for a follow up. I have read everything I can find on the two bows, but am just interested in opinions about the bows in question and the companies themselves.

I am a tree stand hunter for whitetails primarily with an eye at trying elk in 2020.

Thanks for your thoughts!

2. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot both liked the ct3 better. Ct3 felt more stable. If you can find a helix ultra it will probably make it even harder. The ultra does have a bit more vibration ,but thats with the bow shops arrow.

4. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys.

I shot them all again on Friday and had the same impression. The CT3 was tops for me. I was very impressed with all the minute adjustments we could make to adjust both let off and slightly change the draw length to fit me perfectly.

Additionally I was able to pull 67 comfortably and felt easier and smoother than my current bow which was set at 62.5.

Current bow was shooting a 412 grain arrow 281 and the new prime was at 282 with my DL being 1/4” shorter which I believe is a better fit.

I was going to get a smoother drawing bow and ended up achieving that and a faster arrow with a bit more KE!

wildernessninja likes this.