Pregnant wife foot rubs, how many??

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by KyleLewis, Sep 26, 2013.

1. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is a stupid question but I need to bounce this off you dads out there. How many foot rubs did you give your wife while she was pregnant? My wife (due this week) was upset last night after a while she finally came out with it and said "you only rubbed my feet once this whole pregnancy!". In my defense I've worked 70+ hours for 6 weeks straight and now am working 55 hours. Not behind a desk either, I do carpentry so it can be tiring. While working I also managed to build a 20x12 shed, gut and remodel 2 rooms in our house, (both with cabinets and built ins), 60 feet of fencing, poured a new sidewalk to our front door (15') and clean out the basement. I've been going full throttle since January. Anyways just wondering if she is being hormonal or if I should be spending more time pampering. I really don't know.

2. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Weigh the effort you would put into a foot rub against what you go through with an upset, due any day wife, and you should realize she should get as many foot rubs as she wants. No questions asked.

3. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: I don't think I ever rubbed my wife's foot during her pregnancy.

4. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's unfair to ask a pregnant wife to rub your feet any more than twice....

5. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow I must be a richard. I don't recall giving any (2 kids). Of course mine didn't ask for any either.

6. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Both she is being hormonal, and yes you should probably be pampering her a bit more. I hate hate hate rubbing my wifes feet. HATE IT!! Feet especially feet covered in lotion grosses me out, yet my wife still gets a foot rub whenever she asks.
    FTR I would NEVER ask anyone to rub my feet. I usually find something else for her to rub on :tu:

7. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think I ever rubbed her feet. Having said that, keep in mind she is full of all kinds of hormones, stress, and anxiety right now. Expect the unexpected.

8. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't rub feet. 0.

9. wreck73

wreck73 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Tell her you had to be careful not to put her into early labor... my wife is a massage therapist and ankles and wrists are a no no tehy can put you into labor. So just tell her you were looking out for her.

10. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My wife wasn't needy when she was pregnant. I didn't give her any foot rubs, no matter how clean, feet are nasty.

11. Dawn Assassin

Dawn Assassin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    feet covered in lotion

Ewwwwww I just threw up in my mouth at the tthought of it

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  12. Dawn Assassin

Dawn Assassin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wife woild ask me to do it so I would get her send her to the spa formthe day

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  13. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    ^^ your link doesnt seem to be working

14. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My wife doesn't like feet so I'm in the clear. She went through her entire pregnancy and really never complained at all. She got a little moody at times but never complained of a back ache or her feet. She's pretty tough for a little gal.

15. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your defense is a little too ventilated. You had enough time to enjoy the conception, you make the time for her enjoyment through the carrying of the baby. After the baby is here, you have to make the time for diaper changes, night time feedings and all the other fun stuff too.

By the way, congratulations on the impending baby! Even with all the non-fun stuff, they are a blessing for the rest of your life!

16. Treestandsniper

Treestandsniper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds like she saw a story about foot rubs on one of those horse s**t woman's TV shows, or is comparing your relationship to some story she heard. Methinks, the foot rub sob job, is an indication that she feels you are too busy to pay attention to her...which by the sounds of things, is likely true.

Your hard work is commendable, but all those hours may be affecting your work/family balance. Worse yet, (in her eyes) that hard earned down time is probably devoted to the pursuit of the elusive whitetail. FWIW, you sound like a great family man...give a little get a lot. There are many ways to pamper your wife...some more pleasurable than others. TCB.

17. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Her being upset came out of the blue. I've been doing as much as humanly possible for her and she has been constantly saying "your the best husband ever". So it really caught me off guard when she was upset about foot rubs. Oh and yeah she likes extra foot sauce for her rubs and I never use any lotions or chapsticks on myself based on the fact It feels nasty. The real kicker was I offered to then rub them last night and she said "I can't enjoy it now". Hahaha she is so hormonal it's cute, I almost laugh now and then at some of the stuff she's been coming up with. Not that I don't take her serious but some of it is just ridiculous. I feel asleep on the couch one night and woke up to her pummeling me. Lol! She is the sweetest nicest woman out there, so all these things are just so unusual and strange I don't even know what to think. Lol

18. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    None yet. Shoulder and neck rubs almost daily.

19. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say if that is the worst of it you a fairing quite well :tu:
    When my wife was pregnant her head spun for a solid 6 months, I'm talkin pea soup, the whole deal.

We laugh about it now, thank god we are done havin babies. I'm not sure who the pregnancies were harder on me or her haha

20. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say pamper her. She is carrying your kid. No matter how painful it it is putting up with he it still has to beat the hell out of he pain she will go through having it