Pre Season Frenzy

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by nmwilcox84, Jun 21, 2016.

1. nmwilcox84

nmwilcox84 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Its been a frenzy of bowhunting preparation the last month . I moved tree stands set up cameras. I also splurged and bought a NAP Apache drop Away rest and an HHA Optimizer for my HOYT NITRUM. I am loving that setup. I planned out my shooting schedule and training program for 15 weeks leading to season. I also found out the dates for local shoots. I cant wait for a full deer season with my HOYT! I decided to make the switch to just bowhunt during the upcoming seasons for deer and turkey's. Does anyone else love to prep and plan for deer season? Its almost as fun as hunting. HAHA NAH. Can't wait for October to see all the work and effort come together. Let's get ready for DEER season 2016.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My season opens mid september I won't even consider hunting before Oct 31. I have a plan I work.

3. nmwilcox84

nmwilcox84 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I have specific stands I do not even hunt until Oct. 31.

4. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know what you mean. I live 2 hours from my closest hunting area so don't do much prep in the field but shoot year round to stay prepped and tweak the gear regularly to make sure all is set. archery opens in September and I'm out there then hunting weekends. In October travel to hunt with my brother for two weeks and then its dawn to dusk hunting every day all day...can't wait. its addicting.

5. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my shooting schedule and training program lasts 52 weeks. And I moved stands months ago when it wasn't a chiggery 89 degrees outside.

6. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My training is all year long. And yes I love shooting my bow every time I grab it! Best of luck this season all your hard work will pay off.

7. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Somebody's excited!:rock:

8. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I scout food sources for development for the coming season. I almost never use hang on stands, I feel you'll use em even when they need to be moved cause it's easier. Least I'm afraid I might. I use climbers pretty much exclusive. No one knows where I hunt or can steal my stuff either.
    The camera thing is too new school for me, I like the old way of driving roads come summer to check on the herds, checking certain spots I know will be rubbed first n some spots I just know to be at early Nov. , as a kid Id start July first but as I aged I realized the info wouldn't be valid come fall.
    I still loved it though and even remember some of the sign Id seen like the first deer track I ever saw as a kid on my uncles farm in Connecticut mushroom picking. It was amazing. Guess it still is only today the majority of my time is spent looking or waiting on a perfect set up for a kid, mine or others. Thank God for deer