Post your Turkey Set-up

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by The Mayor, Feb 10, 2018.

1. The Mayor

The Mayor Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will be turkey hunting with my t/c encore muzzle-loader and my assassin bow this season.
    When using the bp 12ga shotgun, I'll use the camo turkey umbrella and shooting stix. Sometimes nothing other than just camo clothes, and other times a camo burlap blind.
    And if using my bow, I'll pop-up the doghouse tent or sit behind the burlap.
    I use several different set-ups trying to make it look realistic. Here's How I do 2 (feeding/breeding).
    After scouting and finding a large clearing, food plot or field suitable to do a set-up, I use a 100' tape to measure my distances and put wood stakes (split in-two) in 10yd increments. Reason is, gives me instant distance when using the bow, secondly I put screw-in eye-bolts about 1/2" off the ground in the stakes. I run 4# fishing line to decoy(s). The decoy is (diy) spring loaded to wobble, and when line is pulled, decoy moves as if feeding.
    I also do this with a tom topping a hen. Pull the line, tom seems to be "in the action" of topping the hen (use Submissive Hen decoy).
    Hope this gives some ideas to fellow turkey hunters. Post up your set-ups.

*** Please Do Not leave the fishing line in the woods, even if it's on your private property. Take it with you when you leave. After you get your pre set-up made, wind the line up on a stick and put it with your decoys when leaving. It will re-string quickly, so no need in leaving it afield, even if you're thinking "it's only over-nite". So take it with you. The line could cause havoc to wildlife if left in the woods.
    Thanks and g/l this season.