Possible rule amendment?

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Yes sir!:)

2. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Dan I agree with you now as they are whinning.:cry:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  3. demonpep

demonpep Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont see Ferg gettin two votes cause the Death Dealers are battling hard this year and ill tell him that on monday when we shoot lol

But as far as the doe/buck issue is concerned. i see no problem with a 2nd buck counting as 50 points for states that can not hunt does. there is no way to make a fair contest for a country that has 50 different start/end dates and rules governing hunting. 2 deer per hunter sounds fine across the board. this year or next. but thats just me.

4. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One buck, one score. done deal. All 50 states have that in common. Then we don't have to listen to people whine about earn a bucks, velvet "clauses", and any other things you guys can think of.

Don't think your state allows you to compete competitively for the contest? Move. Or? wake up a realize its just a contest for FUN on an online forum.

5. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am not 100% for or against any of the proposed rule changes. I have not made up my mind yet. I do believe that this discussion should have been started and a decision made before the contest began. People signed up for the competition based on the rules posted, now we want to change the rules?

I vote we leave the rules as they are for this year and this discussion continues so we can agree on next years rules.

Just my 2 cent worth.

Have a great day !!!

Dave

6. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im not a captain, but I like the way things are now. As has been said numerous times, it just for FUN, so why complicate it. Besides, I think that having does in the contest is good. I would abide by whatever is decided, but I think I would enjoy it less if it was limited to 1 buck.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Living in the South we just aren't blessed with deer as large as the north & midwest, but the bag limits tend to be more liberal. I would be fine with the Fitz clause on a second buck.

8. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well that is going to happen but you also hear people complaining because some teams have several guys from the big buck states while others have members from states like PA where bucks don't get that big. It is all luck of the draw and if you are on a team this year that has a bad bit of luck oh well. Chances are next year your team will be better and some of those that appear to be on great teams this year will probably have some issues next year. Again because we can never make it fair to eveyrone I say we leave it alone!

As for the question of why is this all of a sudden becoming an issue: I think with the exposion of facebook and all the flood of new members to the site and in this contest we are getting a ton of new suggestions along with alot of new complaining. Keep the rules simple and if someone doesn't want to play by them it is there choice not to participate.

9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am neither for it or against it...but I am for letting it be for this year. I hunt a state where you only get one buck tag...so those complaining should just be happy haha! :D

10. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For a second I had to do a double take on who was actually posting. :whip:

11. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I would have read that first,.. yes.

12. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes to second buck counting as a doe, but only in places where there are no doe tags.

Been agenst the does ever since the contest started.

13. Saskassasin

Saskassasin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

do you mean a multiplier like 1.5 times white tail or 0.75. as in would you multiply up or down?

http://www.muledeercountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/542779156_mmd06_9911ws.jpg

http://blog.kingsoutdoorworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/shane-jensen-buck-ft.jpg

http://gothunts.com/saskatchewan-giant-2010-archery-mule-deer/

I don't think bucks like that need any help. any kind of positive multiplier on those would equal half of the score of last years whole winning team.

14. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The whitetail is the standard... the multiplier would be on the mulie....

15. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Alright, here's where we stand. Nothing changes this year. Does count for 50 and your first buck counts.

This off season I'll decide if the rule will change to allow the use of a 2nd buck for 50 pts. If so, it will be implimented for the 2013 season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.