Possible Kansas Hunt 2022

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by OH11, Feb 4, 2022.

1. OH11

OH11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Everyone. I'm thinking about putting in for a Kansas tag in 2022 in units 9 & 8. I've done a lot of map scouting in the last year and have some ideas, but I just wanted to see if anyone has hunted these units or had any luck on other units. I'm open to other units as well (8 & 9 have a lot of walk in access). This is going to be a DIY walk in and public hunt and not an outfitter. Nothing against outfitters but just want to try this on my own this time. Has anyone been successful in these units? Any other units? Tips? My current plan is to hunt properties with creeks running through them and get in some intersecting points. Also, the dates I'm thinking about would be somewhere around Oct 28th-Nov 10th. Appreciate the feedback!

2. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’ll send you a pm

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt those units. I am just going to tell you 9 gets a lot of pressure. Try to stay away from areas that have a lot of public access close together. Both units hold big deer but if I had a preference between those two I would hunt unit 8 up around Washington. Good luck!

Ryan Cornelius and OH11 like this.
  4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Unit 8 receives a fair amount of pressure especially on public. I have never hunted 9

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    9 is full of guys from Arkansas. :) Last time I hunted up by Goff during the week it was a real **** show.