Possible change in career, Advice please!!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by KyleLewis, Jan 1, 2013.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If it pays enough to be comfortable or better, and if you are unhappy now and think you could be happy there...move on. I am always looking to learn more and better myself. I believe in loyalty and all, but if Im unhappy and a better opportunity comes, im jumping ship and moving on.

2. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, I talked to my potential new employer and he wants me to work with him on saturday and meet the crew he thinks I'd fit in with. From the sounds of it, it's their high end commercial and residential crew. He is being really cool about everything and knows my employer and totally understands my situation with them. I'll follow up saturday night. Thanks again, wise old men. :moose:

3. RackHunter

RackHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. Hopefully it works out for you in the end!

4. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As previously stated, unless you have an agreement of benefits and wages worked up, I would not quick your day job or even mentioned this opportunity to them. Company car sound great. Who gets them today? What can you do with them on personal time? It is not rude or disrespectful to ask lots of questions. It's responsible and any good employer should expect them and have straight forward answers back. Good Luck! Learning a new trade is good.