Pope & Young Pile Up-Team 32

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Cablebob, Aug 25, 2012.

1. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I sat both saturday on sunday, and wow is all I can say. Saturday morning was pretty nice sit, saw 4 bucks, 1 2.5 year old and about 6 does. So I decided to sit there again Saturday night. This may have been the craziest night I have ever had in the deer woods. I hadnt' saw a deer until about an hour before dark, kind of regreting my decision to sit there but that changed fast. A doe came walking through with the 10 pointer I have been hunting all year right behind her (approx. 150"). They vanished into the swamp and about 5 minutes later reappeared 100 yards down where my stand was last year. I had been watching them for about 10 minutes when I looked behind them and saw an absolute GIANT 7 point. Literally huge. HE started running that doe toward my stand, she got to about 40 yards and then he pushed her back the other direction, so no shot. Then both the 10 point and that 7 went at it for about 20 minutes. I have never heard that before. So I struck while the iron was hot and sat there sunday morning. First doe that came out had the big 10 behind her, she walked 20 yards by my tree, I was ready for the big guy and he just walked a different trail at 60 yards, and walked away with the doe. I have never had a night like saturday, and I thought I had him on sunday morning. All I can say is wow.

2. bossbucks25

Dislikes Received:
    Here are some pics, the night photo he is a ways away from camera. 2012-07-15 17.22.26.jpg IMG00006.jpg

3. bossbucks25

Dislikes Received:
    Dont have a pic of the 7 pointer though

4. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you had a great day/night! Keep at it, it's only a matter of time until one of them makes a mistake.

5. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good job Cablebob! Hopefully the rest of us will get a buck down.

I went got out the last two mornings. I saw 12 deer yesterday morning and 14 this morning. 3 bucks yesterday (a 1.5 and a 2.5 year old). 4 bucks this morning (all 1.5 year olds). The bucks were all cruising solo. The more mature bucks should be out and about very soon. I'm going to get out again tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll wrap my tag around something. If not, I'll be out November 3rd through the 9th on all day sits. However, my hunting partner and I will be alternating between hunting and videoing during that time unless one of us kills and moves to dedicated cameraman.

Good luck everyone and congrats again Cablebob!

6. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here are a couple of new bucks that came across our cameras. Pay no attention to the time stamp. It's an old Moultrie camera and the display no longer works so you can't see the settings. It still take pictures so we use it.

The Split G2 (I wish I had a whole pic of him.)

[​IMG]

The Big 7 (If I encounter him, he'll get a free pass until late season. I hate to wrap an almost $500 tag on him.)

[​IMG]

7. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Those are some AMAZING bucks DD/MO!

BTW, I submitted my buck. He scored in at 123 1/8. Hopefully I can get us a Doe also. That would put my contribution at 173 1/8 points if I get a doe too!

8. Tekel

Tekel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice one cable!

And boss, I think if either of those came by my stand I would end up dropping my bow.

9. bossbucks25

Dislikes Received:
    The bucks are on the does by me and i think this upcoming weekend is going to be even better. Is anyone seeing a lot of chasing in their neck of the woods.

10. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    the buck I shot was chasing the phantom doe I was pretending to be with my Primos Can. :)

11. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on those kills guys!! I made it out 2 nights ago and had the same 3 does under my stand for about 5 minutes.. I'm hesitant to tag one, since they're pretty much all I've seen so far (need 'em for buck bait!). I did see a small forker cruising around 6pm.. looking to possibly get out tomorrow for a longer sit. The temp should be good and Sandy is making her way out of my neck of the woods. It's about time for the big boys to be on their feet!

12. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I feel bad for your team....you have been in heavy rut for.awhile chasing two legged does....:D

13. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    HAHA...classic.

14. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm trying to come up with a plan that will excuse me from my "On Call" duties and allow me to sit in my stand this coming week. My mother in-law will be keeping the little guy on Tuesday night and that would provide me an opportunity to get out there; however, I’m not sure how to approach this with work. I was thinking about taking a half day and getting out there around 2 PM and sitting until dark. The only issue I have is where I would sit? I’m actually pretty sure where I’d like to sit (next to the corn opening), but I would have to carry out my climber and stuff. That’s probably my plan if I can somehow make it happen. Stay tuned my friends.

Oh and PT you suck. lol :bash:

15. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I thought of this today while at work. " I just dont work to pay the bills. I work so deer dont become extinct."

16. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got really close to sealing the deal on Tuesday, but it just never lined up. Unfortunatley this weekend is opening gun in MN so I will be laying down my bow and picking up my -06. Does it count for the contest if I lay my bow on the deer while I take a picture? haha

17. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ahahaha... If only I could trade some of that success for the four-legged, heavy-horned variety. I'd do it in a heartbeat,T!! :moose:

18. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You gotta spend time in the woods for that to.happen :D

19. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Made another one take a dirt nap last night. It came and knocked my doe decoy over and that is when i let the arrow fly. It ran only 2 yards and it sounded like someone was pouring water on the ground gotta love the Rage. The rut is defently going on me and my brother seen 4 bucks last night. One looked like a nice size one. Good luck to all this weekend.

20. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome. Pics or it never happened.:poke: