Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Poll - Trail Cameras

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by frenchbritt123, Dec 30, 2013.

?

What is the best?

1. Covert

53 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Stealth Cam

5 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Bushnell

18 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. SpyPoint

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. Leupold

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Wildgame Innovations

9 vote(s)
    5.2%
  7. Cuddeback

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Homebrews

8 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. Reconyx

25 vote(s)
    14.5%
  10. Moultrie

50 vote(s)
    29.1%
  1. Killkenny

Killkenny Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are not bad if you can get one that doesn't get moisture inside and one that will not let the batteries fall out when you open them up.

2. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For under $200, I don't think you can go wrong with Bushnell. They have great picture quality, fast trigger time, reset time is under 3 seconds, take video, long battery life, and super simple to set up. Now if I could get them to float me some free cameras for my ringing endorsement I would be golden.

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I own 8 and haven't had that problem with any of them.

4. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never had moisture issue but I have had batteries come out but that was my fault when I was going through pictures and moving it while clicking and they came out other than that no problems.

5. MrFourBelow

MrFourBelow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I voted Wildgame Innovations ... only because they are cheap, I use them on public land and don't want anything expensive out there, and they have worked pretty reliable for me ...

6. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    To each his own is all I say to that. I ran them 50/50 for 2 years after experimenting with 5 other brands and although price was similar given the features of a given model the warranty and customer service were not even close to comparable which is why I committed to and fully stand behind Covert now.

I hear good things about some of the Bushnell models, but unless Covert completely dismantles I'll never now because I have no reason to try anything less then what I feel is the best! Reconyx makes great cams but I play the 2 or sometimes 3 for the price of 1 game with Covert and it's a loosing battle every time for Reconyx. I've got sour grapes towards Cuddeback, Moultire, Stealth Cam and Wildgame Innovations.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  7. wewilley

wewilley Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    co master was talking about the m 880 a red flash all the cams this year were black flash really like the covert 60 blk. for xmass got a moultrie m900 walmart will it was good i got a m990i its is even nicer now 990 better night pictures less blur now 60 blk good night pictures but better night flash JMO
    on reconyx they say the best i don't have one new for 2014 there 600 about $600.00 on ebay you can get 4 moultrie 990i for $599.99 so do you get 4 cams or go with the best and get one

8. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You mean big tim?? lol

9. wi p&y

wi p&y Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    moultrie m880 are my best cams i run. every person on a prostaff shouldnt be able to comment.lol obviously they have to say they have the best cameras.....

10. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally would not be on a prostaff for a product I didnt believe was the best.:D

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not entirely true...not pro-staff but allow me to illustrate an example of why pro-staff or busniness relations to a product don't always mean jack.

Look at this thread, it is on BH.com and BH.com has many pro-staff members. This site and pro-staff have a deal with Stealth cameras and as of this post I am making Stealth cameras have one vote. You would think with over a dozen pro-staff members many who frequent the site Stealth would have more votes...allegiance to a product through employment, pro-staff status or business deals does not always mean one backs the product. (don't be surprised if Stealth magically gets more votes now...but also don't be surprised if they don't :lol: )

12. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Took the words out of my wee lil mouth Ty

13. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Of all the cameras listed in the poll I've only owned 3 of the 10. Reconyx, Cuddeback, Bushnell.

Of them 3 Reconyx blows away the other 2 as far as reliability. 2 of my Reconyx cams are 7 years old and still holding strong. However the best day time pics I've ever saw came from the No-Flash Cuddebacks I had. There night time pics were good too but the camera was very unreliable. The Bushnell night pics suck, day time pics are good. I've had issues though with 3 of the 4 Bushnells (blackflash models). The Reconyx night time pics could be better but for the most part most black flash camera's lack good night time picture quality.

My brother has owned Wildgame and Coverts. The Wildgames sucked. His Coverts have been good but he's had some issues with the black 60's. His older Covert II cams to me were the most reliable cams he's had. What impresses me most about coverts is their battery life. I go through about 1.5 sets of batteries a year per Reconyx cam. My brother just one most of the time.

For me I'd take my Reconyx cams over everything I and my brother has owned. I just wish the price was cheaper. Their not worth the asking price.

14. jeff-17

jeff-17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have experience with multrie 55 and covert mpe5, and mp6. The battery in the m55 only lasts a week and takes 12+hrs to charge never missed a pic. The coverts are still on the same batteries from last Nov 2012. Getting ready to replace them.1000's of pic's each, great cams.

15. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Over a hundred. Good turnout so far. Covert by 10%.

16. ckrazy1

ckrazy1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The only camera i have used is a stealth cam Archers choice. I'm happy with it I can take over 1000 photos on set of batteries. Typically with Lithium batteries I can film for a month. The 12 volt battery can keep it powered for about 3 months. Day photos are good. Night photos can good some of the close up photos can be bright from the flash. The trigger can be sensitive. Set up is easy.

17. wats

wats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Covert is the best for your money, I think.

18. cavscout263

cavscout263 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anything but wildgame innovations.....

19. wats

wats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just to let you know my coverts get probably a mininum of 15,000 pictures on my AA batteries and I buy the cheapest I can find and they work great. Not trying to sell you Coverts, but I think you should get more then a 1000 pictures on lithium batteries.

20. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

guess I need to go get myself a pro staff title with stealth cam. :rock: