Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Poll - Trail Cameras

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by frenchbritt123, Dec 30, 2013.

?

What is the best?

1. Covert

53 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Stealth Cam

5 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Bushnell

18 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. SpyPoint

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. Leupold

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Wildgame Innovations

9 vote(s)
    5.2%
  7. Cuddeback

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Homebrews

8 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. Reconyx

25 vote(s)
    14.5%
  10. Moultrie

50 vote(s)
    29.1%
  1. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was just joking I know what you mean...

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am not talking about you, but maybe you should go back and read all the posts because it was definitely mentioned about it not being fair that other companies aren't posting here.

Sorry to disappoint...no yoga classes here :)

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is America. The people have spoken.

4. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you are going to claim a camera kicks the snot out of another shouldn't you at least have tried the other? Or when you post your best 5 pictures actually have one of the best 5 pictures over all...which you don't :)

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not so fast, someone is filling for a recount.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just find it a little odd Stealth doesn't have any votes.....on BH.com......hmmmmmmm

7. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I already touched on the subject ;)

9. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was talking about the price comparison jackwagon.

10. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't know this pole was about the cheapest cameras.

11. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to see the results if you were able to vote for multiple companies.

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Gawd....I could really use a can of troll spray right about now.

13. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone that has a different opinion than you is a troll and the use of name calling every time gets old. I think once you can have a different opinion without calling some one something. Like usual having a different opinion than you and discussing it is a waste of time. Any time you would like to compare trail camera pictures just let me know...but that would mean more than tough typing from your computer.

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    No, that's just you, because you tend to be a troll...I can't discuss anything with you because you're not interested in a discussion, you're only ever interested in stirring a pot. If you were interested in a discussion, you would go back and look at the star rating chart I was pointing to that someone else posted a link to early on in the thread. In my post where I mentioned Moultrie kicking the snot out of Coverts I was pointing to that star ratings chart that also lists a price comparison. The start ratings were based on consumer feedback and clearly had the Moultries ahead of the coverts and as a side note it lists the Moultrie cams compared with the Coverts as at a cheaper price. I was commenting on the reflected results of the chart when you took it out of context and started attacking me.

But did you go back and actually look at what I was saying in regards to the chart....NO...you instead decided to jump the gun and accuse me of not only being ignorant as to what I was talking about but also going on to criticizing my pics in another thread as "Not the best" when the other thread wasn't even a contest to be won or to be looking for the "Best" pics. The thread was for everyone to post their top five pics not to be a contest of who has the best pics or who's camera takes the best pics.

So if you're butt hurt over me accusing you of being a troll then my answer to you would be to pay attention and stop acting so damn trollish just because you have some sort of problem with me personally. But I know you'll just continue to ignore the obvious and cry about being called names because this is about you wanting an argument, not pic quality or cameras.

15. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, think I entered the wrong chat room.

16. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Keep the thread on topic. Hate to see ANOTHER perfectly good thread closed in the trailcam section.

17. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Coverts wipe Moultrie's butts according to my charts....just sayin' :lol:

Back on topic still no votes for Stealth....man that cracks me up! :lol:

18. jake_

jake_ Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am rocking a Stealth Cam still from 2006. I would never buy one now a days, but that old relic does work decent! (when it isnt 30 degrees or colder)

Prostaff or not,I liked Covert before and then Moultrie (m80/m100) would be my second.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  19. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    So you're saying Coverts are butt wipers? Come on now I don't think they are that bad...:lol:.

The MP6 is a 6mp camera with grainy night time pics and some motion blur comparatively priced with the Moultrie M-880.
    You have to go to a Covert black ops 60 or a Red 40 to get match Moultries M-880's 8mp with HD video and sound but the Moultrie M-880 is priced at around $120 each while the covert 8mp cams are priced around $160. If I am going to step up and spend more money by the each then it makes more sense to go to the M-990i with 10mp camera at $145 each then to pay the extra at $160 for a lessor covert black 60 or red 40. Does Covert even have a 10mp version?

Now, the coverts seem to take marginally crisper daytime pics....but for me...most of my best deer pics have been an night and that's what I'm focused on and why I have cameras...not for calender quality pics of hawks and bobcats in the daytime. Considering comparative quality vs cost, the moultrie M-880 is a better value for the money and that's why I bought 14 of them as opposed to the Coverts. I researched all the options very closely way back during the summer before I purchased.

To be fair, I had already planned on and will purchase a few coverts this year...but I can't see an extra $40 added to 10-15 cameras for the extra little bit of daytime quality shown here on the forums and poorer night time pics. That's all I'm saying.

Also one addition, the dealer I bought my M-880's from gives an extra years warranty on the Moultrie cams so I got a two year full warranty on mine, not that I expect to need it but neither do they or they wouldn't be confident enough to offer it. I know this thread wasn't specifically to be on price point but the issue was already raised of value when the statements were made about Reconyx being so expensive...indicating value for the features and performance was a big factor.

20. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll admit the 2013 don't take the best night time pics compared to the 2012. I can guarantee Covert will change that and have awesome night pics once again. The MP6 is 8 MP and I think they are making the 2014 model MP8 not to confuse people. The specs of MP6 compare to M-880... Not the red 40 or black 60...