Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I use to think that . It use to be true but here in NYS....it's spreading farther out.we are 30 + miles from any city in any direction. Just go to a small town zoning board to see reality.

2. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They are not putting in new developments within 20 miles of me. The farm land is too valuable to sell off for a development. Most people are not willing to commute that far to move here.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just read a tweet that Andrew Yang dropped and it is spot on. Any party that asks you to dislike 50% of Americans is doing it wrong.

5. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Haha. People here have been commuting 1-2 hours well since I was little and Kodak and a few others in Rochester were big. They would even commute Buffalo when the steel works were going. Construction..hubby has been commuting all over the state for years. Daughter had a 1 1/2 commute daily when she worked in higher Ed. Then Banking.
    Property taxes and quality of at least weekend life rule.
    Ps. Those are one way commute times I mentioned.
    When going down to hunt at camp mind you 4 a.m. the road headed north was very,very,busy.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  6. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I see it even when clicking on the link in your quote.

7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ha...wow this old Kindle is really slow today...it's there now.

8. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    We've checked and nearly all-around here , a few towns, the gas pumps have I did this Biden stickers.
    Cheating will be the only way Dems. Win in next election.

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It started four days before 15-year-old Ethan allegedly opened fire at Oxford High School in Michigan, when his parents bought him an unusually early Christmas gift: a 9mm Sig Sauer handgun.

The teen accompanied his father, James Crumbley, to buy the gun at Acme Shooting Goods in the small town of Oxford. Ethan referred to it that night on Instagram as his “new beauty.”

The next day, his mom, Jennifer Crumbley, who once posted an open letter thanking President-elect Donald Trump for protecting “my right to bear arms,” penned her own Instagram post. “Mom & son day testing out his new Xmas present,” she wrote, McDonald said on Friday.

On the morning of the shooting on Tuesday, a teacher was “alarmed” at a drawing made by Ethan. It included a handgun with the text, “the thoughts won’t stop. Help me,” and a bullet with the words, “blood everywhere.” There were also some laughing emojis, a person who’d been shot, and the words, “my life is useless,” and “the world is dead,” McDonald said.

The drawing prompted staff to remove Ethan from class, and his parents were called into the school. James and Jennifer were shown the drawing and told they had to “get their son into counseling within 48 hours.”

“Both James and Jennifer Crumbley failed to ask their son if he had his gun with him or where his gun was located and failed to inspect his backpack,” McDonald said.

They resisted taking Ethan home with them and left the school soon after, she said. Ethan returned to class with the handgun in his backpack.

“The notion that a parent could read those words [in the drawing] and also know that their son had access to a deadly weapon that they gave him is unconscionable. And I think it’s criminal,” McDonald said.

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Those parents should be strung up.

oldnotdead likes this.
  11. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    couple days ago, Brandon said that 'empty shelves at stores is 'not a thing.' That it was made up. Yesterday FoxNews's Doocey confronted him on it, Brandon's response was that Fox went out and found one store that had some empty shelves and was using it as propoganda...

well, here you Go Brandon - yesterday, at a Meijer in Ft. Wayne, IN- aisle after aisle of this:

20211203_143708.jpg

12. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    well, I just watched their arraignment. Each involuntary manslaughter count (4 each) is subject to 10-20 years imprisonment.

I just read the statute, in MI negligent homicide is only subject to a max 2 years incarceration, so the manslaughter charge is a much heavier hammer.

virginiashadow likes this.
  13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    They need to go away for life.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The other thing about the area. I have been looking for a piece of land to put a pole shed on, or even 20 acres available since July of 2020, not available. There was one dairy farm right by town that was the last land I saw for sale.

oldnotdead likes this.
  15. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Not here...No one wants to farm any more...we are in horse farm and dairy farm country..horse farms have been disappearing and housing going in. My local dairy farmers have had to start commuting as well. They have leases in other counties miles and miles away. ( BTW,amust for them due to state regulations on manure spreading) Small towns are not as friendly to farms or hunting camps may more. They want to see housing taxes...

16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Same here....
    Wait, wait. I lie, the local CHINESE MARKET PLACE....Dollar General...was packed

17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    With what current facts are known, I agree, but I will reserve judgement as I have seen the lengths a prosecutor will go to in order to persecute (not prosecute) overt and proud Trumpists, 2Aers, and Conservatives. So far inasmuch as their conduct is concerned, we only know what the Media and the State want us to know. Remember for over a year Media told us Rittenhouse was a documented white supremacist and traveled across state lines with a gun to go shoot black people. Literally up through and after he was acquitted, Big Media were repeating all of those lies.

...Their son, on the other hand, should face a jury of his peers and upon conviction, promptly be thrown into a wood chipper.

18. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Fair enough points. I agree

19. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    This is our President....

20211204_155536.jpg

GregH likes this.
  20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The prosecutor has already effed things up by letting herself get emotionally involved. I'm not saying she doesn't have a right to be emotional as a parent etc, but she has to separate herself and personal feelings from the charges and why they were brought about to actual laws and known to be facts.

IMO, the school staff in that meeting 2 hours before the rampage, are equally as implicit in it occuring. He should have never been allowed back into the classroom before a proper psych evaluation occurred. If it was agreed 48 hours then he should have been dismissed from class for those 48 hours and only allowed back with proper evaluation and deemed not a threat to himself or others. Proper authorities should have also been made aware.

Aside from that, we have not heard of anything before the Christmas gift. Did he have prior incidents before asking for a firearm for Christmas? Was he placed on medicications recent to it, or taken off medication?

I am by no means defending anything or anyone, but as always, we must go by the facts and not emotions of all involved.

That prosecutor, I watched it live, kept having to correct herself. At the end of the above quote, where she states "And I think it's criminal" she did indeed say that, but she paused and realized her comment and followed back with "It is criminal".

If I was on the defense, the first thing I would do is seek all email and phone records frombthe date of the incident to the charges being announced. I would bet a small sum of money a lot of familiar names would be in the list of contacts and a lot of familiar talking points as well.