Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I’d rather eat a horseshoe bat. Or just a horseshoe.

On topic now, Mark Levin did a really good job putting a montage together of the foremost scientists, and a bunch of journalists from different papers saying not to worry about the virus up until Feb 28th. Including Fauci who was advising the President. And that Americans should be more concerned about the flu.

And now these same reporters who downplayed the virus on the same day as some of the Presidents tweets are ripping him for not acting sooner. Even though he was following his “experts” advice.

These people are shameless!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    GregH and dnoodles like this.
  2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I know that, luckily I have more fishing gear than I need and if I need bait the bait stores are still open.

IDNR has stated fishing is still allowed in areas still open and private lands. Someone wanting to get theirself out of the house and take their kid fishing on a private pond probably didn't know they should have ordered well in advance.

My point was more to the notion of:

"We're open because we are an essentual business, but some of what we sell isn't deemed essential by your government, local or otherwise."

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't go saying what was being said back then, even if it's direct quotes.

What's important here is Trump should have ignored the expert guidance being given and acted on his own.

Yet, now he should listen to those same experts and not ignore them and act on his own.

It's a catch 22 and a no win situarion regardless of how this plays out.

Oh yeah, what was our Government doing during those same times? Imagine if they had not been so driven on an impeachment that was never going to happen to begin with.

By July 1st, Covid-19 is a topic that rarely makes headlines. Headlines of that time will focus around online and mail in voting for the entire US.

axtell343 likes this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now we get to hear Fox & CNN go back and forth on what happened at the press conference for the next 2 weeks instead of focusing on what the press conference was actually for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okiebob and Germ like this.
  7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope, next comes Trumps' plan to reopen sectors of the economy later this week.

Doesn't matter what he does. He could say certain areas will open up to where small businesses with 100 or less, or even 50 or less can reopen on May 1st. He'll be hit for salons and such being allowed to reopen and putting customers in danger.

He could also say that he is going to extend the current status quo an additional 2 weeks and at the end of 2nd week of May they will re-assess the situation at that time.

Lead stories from CNN and MSNBC would be

"TRUMP FAILS TO DELIVER ON PROMISE TO SMALL BUSINESSES AND GETTING THEM BACK TO WORK"

Doesn't matter what he does, they'll put a fail stamp on it.

airenlow likes this.
  8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, and the real issue is will never find out what really happens and why which means we can't fix the problem.

One side will just try and prove him wrong and the other will just follow his lead.

We know on Feb 27th a Senator Burr said to his donors
    "There's one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history," Burr said in the recording. "It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic."

Feb 28th We get
    “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear” trump

Feb 29th, Note Fauci never stated "not to worry about it"
    Alexander: "So, Dr. Fauci, it’s Saturday morning in America. People are waking up right now with real concerns about this. They want to go to malls and movies, maybe the gym as well. Should we be changing our habits and, if so, how?"

Fauci: "No. Right now, at this moment, there’s no need to change anything that you’re doing on a day by day basis. Right now the risk is still low, but this could change. I’ve said that many times even on this program. You’ve got to watch out because although the risk is low now, you don’t need to change anything you’re doing. When you start to see community spread, this could change and force you to become much more attentive to doing things that would protect you from spread."

Who knows what when? Besides, we know Trump knew it was a pandemic before anyone one else he said so.

Someone knew it was going to be bad, will never find out who lied and kept the information from us.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    axtell343 likes this.
  9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    CLS
    "TRUMP FAILS TO DELIVER ON PROMISE TO SMALL BUSINESSES AND GETTING THEM BACK TO WORK"

The issue with the above is just the volume of loan applications, our friend process these for her bank. 75 hours the last few weeks processing loans for small businesses.

It will get worked out

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't worry, Pelosi has a committee being put together for the next 4 years of investigations. You know, partisan as it should be.

Wonder what that see you in tee will be doing next February watching her once acclaimed House from the sidelines?

So are you blaming Fauci or defending him? Your stance seems to sway with CNN and what actually transpires.

When Trump was going to fire him, allegedly, he was a scapegoat. Now that he is not, pre Trump, he's now a problem again with his early statements.

Trump could fire Don Jr. Or Kelly Ann Conway and they would become the next victims for libs to glorify at their own behest.

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You missed my point, has nothing to do with loans. I have a banker friend who is swamped as well, both with loans and refinances.

My point was Trump has been saying "we are going to get people back to work, America is not built for this."

If he delays the "presumed" May 1st back to work opening they will ise it against him just the same as they will if he opens things up on May 1st.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. They won't give hime credit ever, regardless of what he does.

airenlow likes this.
  12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I posted what Fauci said, not what people think he said so they feel better about the response by the administration.

I don't know what was said in the meetings behind closed doors with the task force Jan-March, what I think is information was held back from us and folks know more than they are telling us early on.

The Feb 27th call by Burr is disturbing, Senators dumping stock(Dems and Rep)

What is scarier in the exchange with the report is Trump claiming a number of cases in Jan, we had no idea the number of cases. So if we take Trump(task force) was going off data that they only had 1 case, well that right there is the ignorance at its finest.

DeadeyeDick likes this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had no idea the number of cases in January? Directly from the CDC site

Screenshot_20200413-215047_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-215245_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-215310_Chrome.jpg

14. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do you think we didn't have cases in December? We definitely weren't testing then.

Should Trump have acted in November?

Can you say that Trump was not misled?

I'm not stating such, but come on, with all that has transpired with leaks and everything else in his administration. Lots of swamp people lay within

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    FB_IMG_1586833899111.jpg

GregH likes this.
  17. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

My employer is an essential business. Not all our customers are essential. Their products are not being made.

I see places that are open and wonder why.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's where you have to question your governor or mayor.

Here the order had no bite, and everything but gyms, salons and groomers were declared essential. Even game stop is essential.

It's all a joke when you really look at it.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Case in point....

Screenshot_20200413-231340_ESPN.jpg

20. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sign isn't gonna stop anybody... If it’s anything like my Walmart the customer is the cashier and unless you’re buying alcohol you just scan all the **** you are buying yourself then pay. I mean seriously, we’re talking about a place that struggles to hit 50% when it comes to getting the correct price tag on the shelf with the corresponding item.... I highly doubt they’ve updated the checkyourselfout machines to know what items you are or are not allowed to buy. Even if they have tried to update them it’s a safe bet that it’s nowhere even close to accurate.... I remember a couple months ago I tried to buy some carrots and the machine made me stop and show my ID to the cashier to prove I was over 21. Apparently somebody screwed up programming the carrots into the machine and it thought they were a controlled substance. The chick who was in charge of running like 20 registers was like “oh yea, dat happen allodatime, someun spposed to git on fixit da other month but dey running benind, you gud do, i get u strait”. She was true to her word, she got me straight. Even carded me and entered my birthday for good measure.

airenlow and dnoodles like this.