Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    $25,000 Heroes fund by the Dems. These people are playing the worst kind of politics. Using the citizens as pawns in their political games.

2. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Headline in St. Louis Post Dispatch was NY leveling off, so will Dr. Osterholm apologize if he is wrong? Leaders have a responsibility to not cause a panic. I believe in the straight truth, but not antagonistic truth. In the end he may be right, but he even admitted it is not about what we do not have, but the truth about it. It is not the federal governments job to be prepared for the states. States rights make the states prepared for the federal government and its abuse of the states rights. This country is ignorant and has all of history backwards, because people are looking for a free ride.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you on political BS, but watch it again and just look at Tucker's face and have a good laugh. Tucker's face is priceless

4. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is Tucker making that face? If so please post.

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to post on this earlier, but have been on a tangent with some lately.

The cost of this would be astronomical when you factor in all the jobs that could/would be included.

Inundate the not working with wealth amd then inundate the working with wealth.

I appreciate all those in healthcare and on the front line of our public servants/protectors for what they do.

I don't know how the debt of gratitude should be laid, but what Dems are proposing is equivalent, in estimates, to $13 an hour or more in additional pay.

I don't know, it's a touchy subject at the height of the crisis which is why it is being brought up now. It will be hard for some to argue, but my goodness what a cost it would be to the country for decades to come

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Gotcha, nothing to see here but an expression.

I'll be sure to watch the hosts face in your future links.

Probably be even funnier on mute?

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    yep, I watched it on mute, still made me laugh. I don't think the Doc is a Tucker hater, I just think the Doc caught Tucker off guard.

Watch the Biden clip on mute, it's still horrifying a man that out of it is running.

oldnotdead likes this.
  8. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    At least they are working and have well paying jobs. A lot of Americans are losing their jobs. And we shouldnt be paying ppl rewards, especially private sector employees. You see they want big business to front a lot of the money? Government forcing business to pay 25k bonuses? These Dems have lost their mind. But in reality they havent. It is a calculated move, bc no logical thinking Republican would ever vote for that, and for that reason the lowest 20% IQ people in this or at least the lower end of the logical thinkers will be believe the Republicans are animals for not giving a 75k plus a year nurse a 25k pay raise for just doing their job.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

You being one of the essential workers that keeps doing your job is admirable and worthy of nothing less than the utmost respect. I may not say it, but I damn sure appreciate it.

When the government goes unwatched is when the government needs watched the most.

If this were not an election year I guarantee you would not be seeing the BS being tried for in hopes of votes.

I'd love to see a coming together like after September 11th, 2001. That wasn't because of a love or hatred of the commander in chief or who held the balance of power in congress. It was a love for the country and the men and women who inhabit it and those that put themselves on the frontlines during and after.

I can never make light of that day or compare another event to it in lack of 100% proof, but China F'ed the world over with this one. The whole world should come together with a stimulus plan and an equal punishment of the Chinese government/dictators.

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Serious question,

Do you think perhaps cls74 the extent is going to be less than the models predicted because a lot of people worked their tails off and made some correct decisions? This includes Trump and many others. Who here thought California was going to be a complete disaster(me)? They are actually bending the curve, did the Gov whine and point fingers? No, he worked with Federal Government and did the best with what he had. Is it perfect, no but that's all we can ask IMO?

The states that managed this the best, did you hear their governers whining to media?

Look at the states that have done the worse

New York
    Michigan
    Ill.

When you think of these states what is your first thought about the Gov? Blame game correct. I cannot comment on NJ, I simply have not heard much from him.

Also when this is over I want to start a gofundme and send you and the wife(or girlfriend) on a nice vacation, you are really worked up and need one I think:)

airenlow and opossumhunterNC like this.
  11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lmao sorry man I'm stealing that.

dnoodles likes this.
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The answer is a yes and no.

Yes, it had to have helped because we have never had a shut down like this ever.

Enough said on that because the extent will never be known, which is why they say "and if it doesn't happen, that was our intent".

Nice scapegoat right?

To the No, I'll start with an unknowm due to the yes, had we not been locked down for the most part it will never be known either.

The reason I am adamant about the modeling flaw, is twofold. Models are wrong way more than they are right, and their outcome is only as good as the data fed in and the algorythms to predict the outcome of it.

The modeling was initially based using Italy's numbers. That was as wrong as you could get to begin with.

For that input to workx you would have to age the American population several years, take the entire population and move it east of the Mississippi and force most of them/us to smoke.

Junk data in, junk data out.

As for the "go fund me" :lol: toss another $20 into the Trump coffer. I'm worked up because I'm watching this nation get torn apart to where Bernie could become the best option as he would be the only one to understand the concept of how it would work.

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    upload_2020-4-7_22-30-34.png

I am still getting emails, I hope you're happy

14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
  15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    War Games, loved that movie.

How about a game of Tic Tac Toe....

oldnotdead and virginiashadow like this.
  16. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Without looking it up can you name the computer system in the movie(Initials)

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And to be fair on criticism tonight.

A talking point today has beennon coroners not being able to get the death count right.

Trump, possibly not understanding the question, said he thinks the death count is accurate as death is death and not hard to count.

A lot of Fox News tonight going with humbers and China reporting.

The original question was aski g about coroners not being able to test deceased for corona virus.

I don't know the extent of untested deaths and their symptoms/cause of nor do I know that all deaths with a Covid-19 patient were CV caused. I think it was Birx that said if they have CV they are automatically classified CV related death.

Anywho, Fox News is misrepresenting the question asked based on Trumps answer.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you had not asked, most likely. Now that you have, struggling.

Thinking.... but not googling

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I Know the computer was Simon, but not sure of the system intitials. Everytime I try to think of the movie I keep getting Iron Eagle memories :lol:

Okiebob likes this.
  20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Iron Eagle is an underrated flick.
    WOPR, I can't remember what it means.

virginiashadow and cls74 like this.