Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hello, frens.
    Nice to see you.

The INA (Immigration and Naturalization Act) was passed by Congress, signed by Eisenhauer, and enacted in 1952. So they already did their job. It is this Executive Branch that is wholly failing to do their job:

Section 212(f) of the INA:
    Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That particular law has been upheld by the SCOTUS on at least 2 separate occasions; once for Carter during the Iranian Revolution, and again by the Roberts Court for Trump (the so-called 'Muslim Ban' <that wasn't>)

Congress needs do NOTHING. The Executive Branch can, with full authority of existing law, snap their fingers tomorrow and the entire crisis goes away. The President has full legal authority to deny entry to any alien at any time- this includes 'asylum seekers.'

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  2. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You forgot something too !!

They were illegal aliens. Why are there no consequences for all those in that court room ? Judge, prosecutor and bailiff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    and he is 100% correct .....

Musk says Biden opened border floodgates so Democrats can stay in power
    Musk said Biden wants to get as many illegals immigrants into the country and legalize them so Democrats can create a permanent one-party state

4. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:
    Mark Levin spells out a case to impeach Biden on grounds of the open border.

It’s a 2 fold thing. If it gets shot down in the senate the future means we don’t have a tight border and democrats turn us into communism.

If it works, no future Potus will open it again.

I say impeach it anyway.

5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How does that affect those asking for asylum?

6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Johnson has a point that the law gives the president the ability to stop entries. But immigration experts say there’s more to it: That same immigration law also says people can come to U.S. borders and ask for asylum, even if they cross into the U.S. without authorization.

Asylum piece is the issue as I understand it.

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dnoodles I missed you

In November 2018, Trump invoked the provision to deny asylum to people who illegally enter the U.S. between ports of entry at the southern border.

A federal judge temporarily blocked this effort, saying Trump’s executive order “irreconcilably conflicts” with immigration law. The law says people must be physically present in the U.S. to seek asylum, regardless of their immigration status or how they entered.

An appeals court sided with the lower court, and the Supreme Court denied Trump’s request to block the appeals court’s ruling.

8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I say again congress do your job

9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So what is Biden using, same as what trump did

Expedited removal: Biden is using it to quickly deport people who arrive at the southern border. However, people can be exempt from expedited removal if they can prove a credible fear of returning to their home country and therefore apply for asylum.

Biden could do:
    Ending “catch and release”: The political term refers to immigration authorities stopping and releasing immigrants so they can await their court hearings outside of federal custody. Both Democratic and Republican administrations have followed this practice for decades (including the Trump administration), because there’s limited detention space.

Where trump was better

Reinstating the “Remain in Mexico” program: The Trump policy required certain asylum seekers to remain in Mexico while awaiting their U.S.-based asylum court hearings. Biden ended the program. In February 2023, Mexico said it would not agree to the program restarting.

End the asylum loopholes congress

10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Surprised those experienced cops didn't pull out at least an asp and start swinging for body parts. Maybe break some bones. Some dude soccer kicks a fellow cop in the head in my presence that is a life or death situation. All bets are off at that point.

New Yorkers should have surrounded those scumbags and beat them to an inch of their life.

11. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  13. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:
    Todays Political Vent

Was listening to Maria Bartelomo on Sirius interviewing Trump this morning.

They were talking border. Biden and China money exchange and influence.

Topic moved to “caravans”. Seems these are not just Latin countries. Many countries from around the world and CONTINENTS including Africa and Asia.

Seems countries are releasing people who are “taxing” their systems such as jails and mental institutions and placing them in caravans once the dog whistle sounds that another caravan is gathering. Hello Open Society. We hear your dog whistle now.

Strangely enough, conversation moved to Xi of China not wanting Trump back in office. The timing of the Covid-19 release after the harsh trade agreement.

Peculiarities are China has sent over 25,000 illegal immigrants to our Southern Border who’ve gained entry.

My question is, a Communist country doesn’t allow thousands of people to escape. They rule with an iron fist if you leave that communist country.

So I had a premonition! China don’t want Trump. China loves Biden. Pelosi has led a movement to mail out blank mail in ballots.

Just how many ballots can 25,000 Chinese communist ballot workers check the Biden box ? The strange occurrence in 2020 was thousands of ballots were only marked Biden and nothing else. It’s strange when someone goes to vote and only marks 1 box leaving about 20 boxes no opinion ? Isn’t it ?

My take ? Pelosi has encouraged China to send people who are being paid from their mother country to fill blank ballots out, hand over to activists who will drop them into boxes and keep our communist compromised Biden and Democratic Party in power.

We are in for 1 super huge sheeeet show so bad the numbers will be an onslaught against Trump. We from experience cannot challenge these ballots and there’s open doors to cheat.

I’ve lost faith. I feel Democrats are too quiet during Biden’s missteps because they’ve got this ACE in the hole.

Republicans need 24/7 surveillance over every drop box in swing states. We must catch this red handed or we won’t be able to question any ballot. All 2020 fraud ballots have not been revisited since 2020. They’re locked away not to be reviewed again.

I’m sick to my stomach over this !

14. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    God damn it, it's 45 and sunny I am going golfing, I'll be mad when I get back;)

cantexian, fletch920 and dnoodles like this.
  15. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't Cuba do this at one point? Lol

cantexian and mikey custom-g like this.
  16. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    mikey custom-g likes this.
  17. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:

I would say no because we never had such a wide open mail in ballot system so rife to be corrupted. It's a golden Soros opportunity to cheat. China hates Trump because he hit them with billions in tariffs.

18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

what part of

'President...may by proclamation...suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants'​

is unclear? This might be the single most direct and clearly stated statute I have ever read.

If you go through the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_policy_of_Donald_Trump

You see a morass of conflicting and partially decided cases, some rendered moot by this Regime's discntinuance, others still proceeding through the courts. Some of Trump's executive orders were upheld by SCOTUS on the merits, others overturned under procedural law, but were not ruled on the merits.

But Trump aside, the INA is clear. The President is the ultimate authority on who can enter, where they can enter, and when they can enter- and can refuse/rebuff/remove any alien (or any class of alien) he sees fit. Including 'asylum seekers'.

mikey custom-g likes this.
  19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

New New Yorkers:

upload_2024-2-5_0-28-52.png

Naas, ash d, gregm and 1 other person like this.
  20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am asking about the asylum issue, which is the issue today.