Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Going into N.H., Haley has an advantage since shes a dem in GOP clothing .. Dems can and 'prolly will cross over and vote for her ...

mikey custom-g likes this.
  2. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    and about that crap hole, S.F. .... many if not most dem run cities are on a decline ... the best run cities are run by repub. mayors and councils

San Francisco's Decline is a Warning to Other American Cities
    https://www.newsweek.com/san-francisco-decline-warning-american-cities-1801200

27 of Top 30 Crime-Ridden Cities Run by Democrats ...... (enough said ..)
    https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11...-counties-have-a-murder-problem-report-shows/

(most hell hole cities ARE dem run)
    https://ballotpedia.org/Partisanship_in_United_States_municipal_elections_(2023)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have never seen it before either. I was kind of panicked for a while with less than a quarter tank of gas and pulling into the 4th station to try. The first three stations all had the same result, the pump displays did not work and if they did, they were extremely slow and then the pump itself would not kick on. I did a little research online and found that some pumps are rated for different levels of cold. I wonder if the chain of stations I was stopping at the first three stops are using a less expensive pump that is meant for our more normal weather conditions. The temps we have are far below anything we normally see for many years at a time. The last station I stopped at that worked, had an entirely different brand of pumps and it worked completely normal. Just speculation.

4. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    condensated water in tank

5. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    No, the electronics that run the gas pumps were just too cold. I talked to a buddy today that works on them for these stations to see what was going on. That particular brand of pump was failing all over our area of the state due to the extreme conditions. As I suspected, their pumps are not rated for the crazy temps we have right now. I have some security cameras that did the same thing. When the sun comes out a little and they get warmed up, they are working fine. Come evening, they are shutting back down.

6. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    More on topic......Vivek Ramaswamy has pulled the plug on his campaign for President and given his pledge to Donald Trump. He will likely campaign with Trump. Vivek was in my hometown a few weeks ago and he is very well spoken. A sharp guy. Donald might do well to name him as his VP running-mate. ??

7. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did you travel to Frisco in the 70’s ? It was amazing. I was too young to appreciate it. Tony Bennett sung trolley cars reach halfway to the stars. It’s so true the hills in Frisco made it a perfect destination.

It’s sad when I see homelessness needles, feces and high crime whacked out on whatever kinds dope people now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fletch920 and oldnotdead like this.
  8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well 3000, drop in bucket , changed party just to vote in primary against "mega" republicans. Now to be honest I did same thing as a dem. Lesser of what I considered two evils..then Republican in general. Then it got so bad I refused to be associated as one for any reason.
    They had to change before end of Oct last year.

10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I did family lived there and went out to visit. Great except for fog and traffic. Uncle was a band leader out there making big money at the time.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Kentucky this morning just a trickle then it sped up but was still slow. Drive from hell made it past the ice line today.

12. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  13. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:
    Breitbart just had the head of the NH Republican Party on.

From what I heard just now. He says as October 3 or 8th ? You must have already filed to be in your voting category Rep/Dem.

Come election time, you are then “Locked” to your declared party.

The wrinkle is in to those who are registered but “undeclared”. NH carries 40% undeclared in the state. Now as undeclared you have flexibility to swing over to either side.

The question arose then by Breitbart why then would it be beneficial to declare a locked in party. Old man memory now got me and I forgot the answer.

Republicans apparently have been bleeding in from tax crazy Massachusetts to enjoy NH tax free status. So it sounds encouraging for Republicans now ?

oldnotdead likes this.
  14. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rachel Madcow and fake tapper refused to air Donald Trumps Iowa winning speech !!! Tells me a lot about CNN, MSNBC !! Does anybody watch these stations anymore ? If so, WHY ?

mikey custom-g, 0317 and oldnotdead like this.
  15. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:
    I’m going to make a statement that in no way is meant to be racist. It’s just a simple observation from south Florida as a 65 year old man who’s seen life a long time.

As a kid, black men by and large, not stereotypical just often, drove big luxury cars like Cadillac and Lincoln’s. They would sharpen the image up as we referred to as “pimping” up the ride. There was even a TV series called “Pimp my Ride” which hailed from the 60’s and 70’s old school of pimping a car with fender skirts, curb “feelers”, spoked rims, huge fat whitewall tires.

6 mpg was common. Lol

Fast forward to 2024 from those 60’s and 70’s. Look at what the single black man today “Pimps”.

That stage of Chevy Impala with 24 inch wheels and Candy Apple brilliant colors has heeded to Tesla’s. Lol

More specifically ? I see more black men in there 20’s-40’s driving that low end Tesla white in color and white interior. 100% Democratic voters. 100% climate change mind set they will be accepted as acceptable to the population as the “in” style professional black executive big money man.

It’s so comical here in South Florida, Palm Beach County home to the climate activist who have brain washed these young black men they should be active in this way. Shake n Steak parking lot has charging stations. Mostly all white on white baby Tesla’s. This rumble vid reminded me of it. The single black man trying to impress the single white woman he’s so executive impressive. I never see these dudes with black GF’s. It’s so comical.

16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    @ Grouch
    Unfortunately way more than I like because everyone has to put up clips of their isane lying ,just as with the View!
    What it tells you is what the entire year will be like.
    Also listen ppl listen carefully. The " machine" they mention ramping up on their "side", you know not for America over all Is the general election voting cheat. Republicans have not stepped up in a meaningful way to stop it.

17. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    would not surprise me to see a very close finish in NH, or even the globalist edging out Trump with the dems help. I did just hear on Newsmax that 'independents' are the largest voting block in NH .... a poll they showed had Trump and that globalist woman tied 40-40 .... Haley is sounding more like Kamala everyday with her word salads ... Per Joy Reid, that whacked out race baiter on MSNBC called Haley the "brown woman" from SC .... Haley is Indian American .. Haley was born Nimarata Nikki Randhawa at Bamberg County Hospital in Bamberg, South Carolina, to immigrant Sikh parents from Amritsar, Punjab, India. .... didnt know that ...

18. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not terribly vested in NH, but I have a sister and BIL up there...I suspect it could be like NC, that for primaries, you could only vote in your party...

19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Echo chamber. If you're a blue haired, LGBT cat lady, with TDS, you'd watch these channels...

20. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    At Trump's rally in Indianola, he spoke at length about the dark side of the EV. He mentioned that the media and Democrats will never tell you about all the children working in the cobalt mines in Congo. Without child labor, we don't have batteries for EV's. The cameras in the back were all off during that part. They don't even want a chance of the recordings getting into the wrong hands. EV's make just about as much sense as the windmills........none.